Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Shangri-La-Extraball-Cards-Black-White-reduced.jpg
0Shangri-La-Extraball-Cards-Color-reduced.jpg
0Shangri-La-Extraball-Cards-Color-reduced (resized).jpg
0Shangri-La-pinside-Replay-Settings-Save (resized).jpg
0Shangri-La-333-EB-1A-Work (resized).jpg
0Shangri-La-333-EB-1-Work (resized).jpg
Williams_1967_Shangri_La_Extra_Ball_Relay_Assembly_Info_fake_document.pdf (PDF preview)
Shangri-La-Extraball-Relay-original-wiring.pdf (PDF preview)
Shangri-la extra ball relay assy installed (resized).jpg
Shangri-la extra ball relay assy diagram with wiring connections (2) (resized).jpg
Shangri-la extra ball relay assy (resized).jpg
0Shangri-La-Work-XB-Relais-24VAC (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider igo4rams.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hi all,

I am helping a friend. He would like to ad an Extra ball relay to his Shangri-La game. This was a factory option. I have all the parts and schematics but would like some pics of the unit to help with the build. (for wire placement and colors and such) So if anyone has a Shangri-la game with the extra ball relay please PM me some pics or I can send you my email or phone number for texting pics. Thanks for your time

#3 6 years ago

Rolf,

Thank you for all that info. You are correct I am trying to build an Extra Ball Relay Assembly (available on request) from parts. I like your idea of building a "red box" that does both if it was for me but my friend wants this (just extra ball). I have all the parts needed but as you said and I found, the drawing of the relay from Williams is not right or clear. There is no way to energize the coil. I think I have all the wires correct on the connector and I am adding a wire from "R2" as you call it to the coil at the N/O contact (bottom blade).

So this is how I will wire it:

L1 and R1 to NC contacts
L2 is a dead end
R2 to bottom blade of N/O contacts to energize coil (extra ball relay coil)
L3 to top blade of N/O contacts to energize coil
R3 and L4 to N/O contacts to energize lamps
R4 to other side of coil (extra ball relay coil)

Does this sound about right?

If some one would send a pic of this assembly that would be most helpful. I will be happy to send the pic to IPDB.

I know my OXO is set up for extra ball. I will have to look into what you said about that game. Thanks

#5 6 years ago

So I built the extra ball relay and now I must test it. Here is a pic. If it works I will post a drawing. Thanks for all your info.

Shangri-la extra ball relay assy (resized).jpgShangri-la extra ball relay assy (resized).jpg

#6 6 years ago

The Relay does work. I will make a drawing soon and post it. Thanks

#7 6 years ago

OK, here are pics of the relay installed and a drawing of how the wires are ran/connected. I will send these pics to ipdb for all to see and use.

Thanks

Shangri-la extra ball relay assy diagram with wiring connections (2) (resized).jpgShangri-la extra ball relay assy diagram with wiring connections (2) (resized).jpg

Shangri-la extra ball relay assy installed (resized).jpgShangri-la extra ball relay assy installed (resized).jpg

#9 6 years ago

Rolf,

Thanks for your info. I did submit my pic as you said. I did not convert my pics. I will see what they say. If you can make a better drawing please do. I am no artist. Thanks again, igo4rams

#11 6 years ago

Rolf,

Very nice drawing. I sent it to ipdb. Lets see if they post it. Thanks so much, igo4rams

#13 6 years ago

I will have to ask my friend. I do not believe he has any score cards for extra ball. If you could post them here or at ipdb. Thanks

#15 6 years ago

Thanks for the score cards.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider igo4rams.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shangri-la-extra-ball-relay-assembly-pic?tu=igo4rams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.