Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shangrila (resized).JPG
Pinball (resized).png

#1 5 years ago

The best thing for me I think is to email a video of the problem to somebody?

#2 5 years ago

please put it up here.

#3 5 years ago

Post a link to a youtube video here.

#4 5 years ago

Figuring Rolf will chime in soon. He's a ShangriLa owner.

#5 5 years ago

Here’s the video

#6 5 years ago

What's the 3&4 Reset relay doing when this happens? It should be pulsing smoothly, 5 times per 1/2 motor revolution. If it's buzzing too, check this circuit, starting with the indicated motor switch.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png
#7 5 years ago

Many times the top switches on the score motor get caught on things and get knocked out of adjustment. As Howard has suggested, check the 3/4 reset coil and also check switch c on the 2nd impulse cam. It might not be closing as the motor turns.

shangrila (resized).JPGshangrila (resized).JPG
#8 5 years ago

Hey thanks guys! You know, I had looked at that C switch before and it was indeed touching, but this time I noticed sparking between the two blades each time... So I adjusted the metal blade in between them so that it didn't touch them both at the same time and poof, problem solved. Why did they use a metal piece in between those blades?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 21.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
Unisex
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
Decorations

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shangri-la-3rd-and-4th-player-strange-reset-issue?hl=runbikeskilee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.