2012-04-25_22.06.46.jpg
2012-02-28_19-44-28_197.jpg
2012-02-28_19-39-03_634.jpg
2012-02-28_19-39-16_337.jpg
2012-02-28_19-39-24_71.jpg
2012-02-28_19-39-40_361.jpg
2012-02-28_19-40-09_87.jpg
IMAG0357.jpg
There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 12 years ago

Very nice work, like the LED mod up on the fan!

#52 12 years ago

very nice, i'm jealous.

1 month later
#53 12 years ago

Just installed my leds went a little different route every insert is color matched and I used red supers in the sling shots. Still got to flame polish but heres some pics. By the way you did one bad ass job bro.

#54 12 years ago

Heres a couple of pics of mine. Just installed the leds tonight. Still have to get spinner decals and new legs but mine is turning out nice to.

2012-04-25_22.06.46.jpg2012-04-25_22.06.46.jpg

#55 12 years ago

Looks amazing Shane

Now I want another copy since I too miss mine since sale.

#56 12 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

very nice, i'm jealous.

Jealous ,, You want a Whirlwind dave ?

#57 12 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Looks amazing Shane

Now I want another copy since I too miss mine since sale.

Well, thank you... thank you very much. This one is here to stay!

I was up wayyyy too late playing it last night. I was hitting million plus like crazy! 61 million!

#58 12 years ago

I love my whirlwind. Shanetastic, 61 million!!! Great score. That's not easy to do on whirlwind.

#59 12 years ago

You and B.R. do some amazing work with pins, that Whirlwind is a beaut!

#60 12 years ago

Here's a Pict- of this Whirlwind and the DW that i bought from a Collector.. S.tastic had 1st dib's on it ..

012.JPG012.JPG

#61 12 years ago
Quoted from shanetastic:

BR hooked me up with a Whirlwind with potential a month ago or so and I have been slowly but surely shopping it out. Well, it is finally almost done. Here are a few pics of it so far...

Thats one of the cleanest WhirlWinds I've ever seen, Shane. Certain things really make it stand out amongst others games. You've got mad pic skilz too man, madalicious pics

#62 12 years ago

WW is definitely on my wishlist. This one looks great!

#63 12 years ago
Quoted from shanetastic:

davewth said:looking good! dibs?
Mmmmm.... I doubt I will be selling this any time soon. Whirlwind was what started my pinball fever. I always regretted selling it. That is why I had to have another one. I'll keep you in mind if something changes my mind one day

Same here,my first love was a WW.Our home was destoyed by a tornadoe,
that hit us at 2:05 in the morning Nov. 6th 2005.Anyway after we rebuilt
I saw a picture of a WW somewhere and thought Perfect for us.Anyway still
have it and 10 pins later I still play it, and it is still challenging.

#64 12 years ago

Drop'd by S.t's last-nite to check out his RBION & play some Pinball . Gotta say , Shanetastic is gett-n Quite a Collection !! I wished I would've gave the HUO RBION that I sold jsandjs some More play tyme .. Great Pin !!! Here's a Pict- or 3 .......... All his Pin's are Spotless !!!!!!

003.JPG003.JPG 001.JPG001.JPG 005.JPG005.JPG 007.JPG007.JPG

#65 12 years ago

Ohhhhh,
Ahhhhh,
Bitchin'!

#66 12 years ago
Quoted from doublezo1:

I love my Whirlwind. Shanetastic, 61 million!!! Great score. That's not easy to do on Whirlwind.

how about if you have it set to five ball?

or isn't that the case?

#67 12 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

how about if you have it set to five ball?

or isn't that the case?

It actually is set to 5 ball, but probably a good 80% of that score came from one ball during a massive multiball million plus extravaganza.... but yeah, guess I really can't count it as an apples to apples score vs other machines.

There are too many other variables that can be a factor, too... rule settings, outlanes, replays, specials and extra balls, angle of playfield, condition of machine, etc....

But it felt like a great game. I was happy anyway!

#68 12 years ago

Fine! FINE Shane!

For the last time - I don't want your whirlwind. $200 is just too much for me right now.

Geez man, lay off!

3 months later
#69 11 years ago

I hate to rehash this Shane, but you really set the bar for many of us how this game can (And in my opinion should,) look.

What did you use for the yellow cellar awards? I didn't see that. I was thinking warm supers. Not sure why but the yellow and orange supers are just too dim and from your selections you seem to agree by using warm whites in them.

I like the 4+1 pop LED's and going with them (only due to my personal taste) but other than that I think you nailed the lighting!

#70 11 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

What did you use for the yellow cellar awards? I didn't see that. I was thinking warm supers.

Hmmm.... I kept incandescent for the cellar awards on this Whirlwind. I think I tried leds on my first Whirlwind in that area and either it didn't look very good, or they ghosted like crazy... but that was a long time ago. Can't exactly remember why I didn't like them.

If you want to try to use leds there, I would think the warm white retro style would work best... if you don't get any ghosting. They are the warmest leds I have seen from Cointaker. They are quite bright, too.
http://shop.cointaker.com/category.sc;jsessionid=1B1CEFD90C7636E0E2F6DE3C646F674C.qscstrfrnt03?categoryId=150

If they do ghost, then I would try something like warm white premium 2 led.
http://shop.cointaker.com/category.sc;jsessionid=1B1CEFD90C7636E0E2F6DE3C646F674C.qscstrfrnt03?categoryId=193

And yeah, the yellow and orange leds just don't put out much light. If you want to put an led behind an insert or plastic that is yellow or orange, seems like warm white leds work the best.

#71 11 years ago

Thanks Shane. This is great stuff! I'll take your advice. I hope to put an order in with them in the next day or two.

1 year later
#72 10 years ago

WoW! My WW is not worthy. I'm ashamed. No dinner for me tonight.

#73 10 years ago

Very nicely done sir!

#74 10 years ago

Thank you very much! This Whirlwind is a keeper for sure.

In fact, I am going focus entirely on Whirlwind today to try to get a high score up on the machine. I am feeling good about it... but I say that every time, and usually do something stupid and blow it. Either way, it is ALWAYS fun!

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from shanetastic:

Thank you very much! This Whirlwind is a keeper for sure.
In fact, I am going focus entirely on Whirlwind today to try to get a high score up on the machine. I am feeling good about it... but I say that every time, and usually do something stupid and blow it. Either way, it is ALWAYS fun!

I agree. Even when it whips me (which is most of the time), I always have fun playing it. Just a great game!

10 years later
#76 5 months ago
Quoted from shanetastic:

BR hooked me up with a Whirlwind with potential a month ago or so and I have been slowly but surely shopping it out. Well, it is finally almost done. Here are a few pics of it so far...
I have put a few games on it and I am very pleased with the results. The game plays SO fast.
I rebuilt the flippers and replaced the coils.
Resleeved all other coils
Got all new ramps, because I hate hazy ramps, and it just makes the game look so much better.
Cointaker frosted white GI, frosted inserts, mix of incandescent, super and regular led flashers to get the best look (in my opinion of course).
Next up: I am going to wire the topper with flashers corresponding with the playfield lightning flashers and flasher for the skill shot/white standup, a couple frosted GI wired to the upper playfield GI, and a UV for a nice glow wired to the lower playfield for when the GI goes out and the flashers hit. I should have that done today and will try to get a gameplay video posted.
[quoted image] [quoted image] [quoted image]

I know this is really old thread but does anyone have the list of lamps used?
I just want to confirm my list and maybe compare color choices. Thanks

#77 5 months ago

I wonder if BR is still around. I bought an AFM from him years ago.

#78 5 months ago

Oh wow, dang. Hard to believe it has been 11 years...

Here are a few updated pics as of today. I still like the incandescent bulbs in the pops and in the red flasher domes. I have also added some warmer color leds in a few areas where there is more orange and red artwork, trough lighting kit, and a spotlight to brighten up the mid playfield area a bit.

I can try to work up a list of what I am using, but it might be a few days before I can get that together.

PXL_20240206_150409789 (resized).jpgPXL_20240206_150409789 (resized).jpgPXL_20240206_150422324 (resized).jpgPXL_20240206_150422324 (resized).jpgPXL_20240206_150440361 (resized).jpgPXL_20240206_150440361 (resized).jpg
#79 5 months ago
Quoted from Gunner007:

I know this is really old thread but does anyone have the list of lamps used?
I just want to confirm my list and maybe compare color choices. Thanks

Just buy a shitload of frosted sunlight bulbs!!

#80 5 months ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

I wonder if BR is still around. I bought an AFM from him years ago.

I'm Still Alive ... Just don't post like I use to .. Yea Man , I bought that AFM at the Pin auction bk N , I'd say 2012 , Me and Shanetastic did a Full shop on it , New Dot matrix etc ... and U Chimed N and made me a Good offer . That's What I was about ,, LoVed it !!! And Shanetastic's Whirlwind , Man a guy on C.List back in 2011 was selling a Stargate for $ 1400 , I emailed and told him I would buy it 4 that price . What I noticed in his Picture was 7 or 8 More pins .. I took my Trailer with me .. He owned 21 pin's ,, I bought SG and 6 more pins , a Skeeball and 5 arcades and an Ice Cream FreZor .. Shanetastic's Whirlwind was 1 of them ,, I gave him $ 800 for it and sold it to ST for that amount .. The guy called me bk 2 weeks later and sold me 2 more Pins and a few more arcades .. ThOse dayZ and thOse Prices are Long GONE .. Everyone B CoOl .. B_R

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
High Point, NC
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.