Ok, I have put in about 4 hrs a night this past week and 10 hrs on Sat and today. It is finally back together! I have done some play testing and adjusted a few things, but I will have to put several games on it to get it just like I want.
Every coil re-sleeved, flippers rebuilt (new coils on the bottom two just to make sure), all of the metal parts polished on top of the playfield, and all metal parts under the playfield cleaned up... there is a LOT of metal under the playfield of this game. The playfield it HEAVY! Switches tested, adjusted, previous less than ideal work cleaned up, gofer contraptions went through and cleaned up. Turns out, one of the gofers had some ugly wear from where the ball hits him. I was able to color match the area with a mixture of white, yellow, and brown testors paint. Hopefully it holds up. If not, new gofers are in order. LEDs have been installed in a new configuration (brighter GI, not as bright inserts). All plastics polished with Novus2. Playfield cleaned with Novus1, Polished with Novus2, waxed three times with Carnauba Wax (probably needs more)... fresh rubber, added the Stern-like metal leg protectors since the cabinet has decals.. also added the plastic yellow protectors because I like the look of them and all of my other pins have them. With the metal protectors under the yellow protectors, they don't do any cabinet/decal damage. New chrome-look spotlights added (the black ones were worn out and just plain ugly in my opinion. Added the Treasure cove decal at the back and under the slam ramp. Added some felt under the slam ramp to hopefully avoid decal wear. Added an additional GI (cool white flex) light behind the green... the two you see from the players perspective looked best frosted blue because cool white washed out the ramp, but with only the blue, you can't see the details of the plastic very well. I'll include a pic of what I am talking about... as always, pics never really look as good as in person.
Here are the pics I took along the way...
Example of some crappy work previously... ummm, I think they used a wrapper off of some hard candy or something... the other wire was just exposed. Just an opto, but seriously...IMG_20140316_122944_921.jpg
Re soldered the wires, used shrink tubing. Makes me feel better, anyway.IMG_20140316_124636_376.jpg
Wanna know where some of the crap that ends up on your nice white rubbers comes from... here is an example...IMG_20140322_145306_862.jpgIMG_20140322_145238_433.jpg
Clean that stuff up! I also dremeled the valley of the tough just a bit to smooth it out. There were some worn places where the balls come to rest and the balls were sticking on occasion. Not any more! IMG_20140322_154226_599.jpgIMG_20140322_154217_008.jpg
The Treasure Cove decal... IMG_20140322_161010_896.jpg
One of the gofers needs a little touch up..IMG_20140316_131129_321.jpg IMG_20140316_191552_240.jpg
Various assembly photos... IMG_20140323_154833_213.jpgIMG_20140323_154732_979.jpgIMG_20140323_154716_569.jpgIMG_20140323_154622_640.jpgIMG_20140323_154531_040.jpgIMG_20140323_154434_722.jpgIMG_20140323_154422_396.jpg
That extra GI... two blue for the ramp, one for the plastic details centered under the ball.IMG_20140322_172101_993.jpg
Semi-final pics, pending tweaks, etc. IMG_20140323_204018_276.jpgIMG_20140323_203954_140.jpgIMG_20140323_203943_445.jpgIMG_20140323_203819_485.jpgIMG_20140323_203909_024.jpgIMG_20140323_203845_568.jpgIMG_20140323_203752_846.jpgIMG_20140323_203520_977.jpgIMG_20140322_161028_588.jpgIMG_20140322_161038_927.jpg
Ok, now it is time to play some pinball!!!