Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by 27dnast
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you like the shaker effect if the machine is equipped or available for one?”

• Yes - more shake, the better 26 votes
      26%
    • Yes, but in moderation 48 votes
      48%
    • I can live with it, but I don't really care 18 votes
      18%
    • can't stand them. I turn them off whenever I'm playing a game that has one. 7 votes
      7%

(99 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumbnail_20171026_184610 (resized).jpg
    Defictine KISS LE Insert (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MK6PIN.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Was in a BM thread, and a post was made that he disconnected a shaker if installed in any game. Didn't like the effect. Personally, I love the effect. Can't imagine some titles without one. Vote, and post your thoughts....might be some interesting insight.....

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

I can't believe anyone wouldn't like a shaker. I could see some of the prissy pinheads that can't fix a thing unhooking it because they're worried it vibrates their baby too much. To me it's the more shake the better. I can always tighten the screws back up.

Quoted from Coz:

Love the shaker! Should be standard on all pins

I'm with you guys...I'd have shakers in all my pins if I could figure it out....guess I was shocked when he posted it, and thought...hell, maybe time for a new topic.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Don't see the point in adding them to games if they don't fit the theme though.

Agree w that.....I inquired awhile back if FGY had a shaker option...it was stated the the game was "prior to the shaker era" . I have no idea if that is correct or not. I could see a little shake during fart multi-ball or other modes being fun, but other titles probably wouldn't fit....interesting to me..

#12 6 years ago

It's just one of those effects that really make the game "react" to your gameplay, when integrated correctly. Lot's of mods discussed, debated....but man, the shaker is a must have for me. Some games, it's a subtle reminder.... others an aggressive glass shaker.....much fun!!!!

#22 6 years ago
    #23 6 years ago
    Quoted from ReplayRyan:

On certain games and at appropriate times (not max vibration with every switch hit), sure.
    On games like Addams Family, Playboy, Ghostbusters, no. Well Playboy would be pretty funny...

I could see it being cool inTAF during the lightning / storm sequence before multiball, and other odd hits. TZ, TSPP, WCS, not so much ( just referencing my lineup).

SM would be a completely different game without it.

AFMRLE rocks with it....did the original have it? I dont remember as its been awhile since I played one.....

#27 6 years ago

Would it be considered one of the top 4 mods for machines w the option? No additional poll of course, but for example, would you choose it over colordmd, pdi, etc.?

I would have to think its at the top....

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Imho color dmd is the best mod ever.

Have on all my applicable machines....glad i dont have to choose

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MK6PIN.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shakers-love-or-hate?tu=MK6PIN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.