1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by 27dnast
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you like the shaker effect if the machine is equipped or available for one?”

• Yes - more shake, the better 25 votes
      26%
    • Yes, but in moderation 48 votes
      50%
    • I can live with it, but I don't really care 17 votes
      18%
    • can't stand them. I turn them off whenever I'm playing a game that has one. 6 votes
      6%

(96 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

thumbnail_20171026_184610 (resized).jpg
    Defictine KISS LE Insert (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Was in a BM thread, and a post was made that he disconnected a shaker if installed in any game. Didn't like the effect. Personally, I love the effect. Can't imagine some titles without one. Vote, and post your thoughts....might be some interesting insight.....

#2 1 year ago

I can't believe anyone wouldn't like a shaker. I could see some of the prissy pinheads that can't fix a thing unhooking it because they're worried it vibrates their baby too much. To me it's the more shake the better. I can always tighten the screws back up.

#3 1 year ago

Love the shaker! Should be standard on all pins

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from fattdirk:

I can't believe anyone wouldn't like a shaker. I could see some of the prissy pinheads that can't fix a thing unhooking it because they're worried it vibrates their baby too much. To me it's the more shake the better. I can always tighten the screws back up.

Quoted from Coz:

Love the shaker! Should be standard on all pins

I'm with you guys...I'd have shakers in all my pins if I could figure it out....guess I was shocked when he posted it, and thought...hell, maybe time for a new topic.

#5 1 year ago

I'm not sure why I'd own Earthshaker otherwise.

Don't see the point in adding them to games if they don't fit the theme though.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Agree w that.....I inquired awhile back if FGY had a shaker option...it was stated the the game was "prior to the shaker era" . I have no idea if that is correct or not. I could see a little shake during fart multi-ball or other modes being fun, but other titles probably wouldn't fit....interesting to me..

#7 1 year ago

I think shakers are great additions to some pins. I have them in LAH, Stern ST pro and LOTR standard edition.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'm not sure why I'd own Earthshaker otherwise.

This. It is the only time I have found it really makes sense. Really part of the theme.

Some games it does not fit and other times games like TFTC it was over-used.

#9 1 year ago

I like shakers.

#10 1 year ago

Shakers really add to the fun of playing pinball i think. If they are integrated right it makes the game exciting and gets your adrenaline pumping.

#11 1 year ago

I have them in Ghostbusters, Metallica, AC/DC, star wars, and AFM. Yup, I like 'em. Makes ya feel more connected to the game.

#12 1 year ago

It's just one of those effects that really make the game "react" to your gameplay, when integrated correctly. Lot's of mods discussed, debated....but man, the shaker is a must have for me. Some games, it's a subtle reminder.... others an aggressive glass shaker.....much fun!!!!

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Was in a BM thread, and a post was made that he disconnected a shaker if installed in any game. Didn't like the effect. Personally, I love the effect. Can't imagine some titles without one. Vote, and post your thoughts....might be some interesting insight.....

BM?

#14 1 year ago

I think they are a reasonable idea, but they really should develop a higher frequency shaker. Something that vibrates the crap out of the machine at a frequency like your phone vibrator. They're just too damn clunky in a lot of games. My biggest complaint is that they just feel dumb and slow a lot of the time. "Oh, did I wake you up, shaker? Don't worry, the moment's over."

#15 1 year ago

The only game I have without a shaker is POTC...and I would love to put one in this game for hits to the ship...would be perfect!

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I have them in Ghostbusters, Metallica, AC/DC, star wars, and AFM. Yup, I like 'em. Makes ya feel more connected to the game.

Storage Facility Multiball on GB is a good example, how cool is that when the shaker starts shaking when the lights start flashing on and off before the multiball starts?

#17 1 year ago

I love shakers motors . Except since STERN issues with KISS , GB , GOT with the insert ghosting and side art bubbling . I am afraid to install a Shaker motor in these titles as I am #1 Concerned Shaker may make the decal bubbling worse . # 2 May make the insert ghosting worse .
    What do you guy think ???
    If a machine already is developing any of these issue Decal bubbling or Insert ghosting ?
    Add Shaker or not add Shaker ?
    Add photos for example . Note : Not my machine but one I (may buy) for my route that has decal bubbling and insert ghosting .
    Thanks for input. Peace .

Defictine KISS LE Insert (resized).jpg

thumbnail_20171026_184610 (resized).jpg

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

I love shakers motors . Except since STERN issues with KISS , GB , GOT with the insert ghosting and side art bubbling . I am afraid to install a Shaker motor in these titles as I am #1 Concerned Shaker may make the decal bubbling worse . # 2 May make the insert ghosting worse .
    If a machine has any of these issue ?

Seems highly unlikely and life is too short...... I’m gonna enjoy the games and shake on.....

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

If a machine has any of these issue ?

I have a shaker on my GB and GOT both and i have no ghosting or anything at all. I think the ghosting is just bad playfields and if you get one that isnt ghosted it should be fine like any other game.

#20 1 year ago

I have never cared for shaker motors. Im not worried that the shaker will vibrate shit apart or anything inside the machine. I think when I first got into the hobby a few years ago, I played some machines that the shaker motor was set too high.....and the legs of the machine would just vibrate annoyingly against the hardwood floors....or the concrete. It just turned me off to the idea of shakers.

I did play my buddy's Dialed In a few weeks ago that had the shaker.....I thought the shaker was used well in moderation.

#21 1 year ago

On certain games and at appropriate times (not max vibration with every switch hit), sure.

On games like Addams Family, Playboy, Ghostbusters, no. Well Playboy would be pretty funny...

#22 1 year ago
    #23 1 year ago
    Quoted from ReplayRyan:

On certain games and at appropriate times (not max vibration with every switch hit), sure.
    On games like Addams Family, Playboy, Ghostbusters, no. Well Playboy would be pretty funny...

I could see it being cool inTAF during the lightning / storm sequence before multiball, and other odd hits. TZ, TSPP, WCS, not so much ( just referencing my lineup).

SM would be a completely different game without it.

AFMRLE rocks with it....did the original have it? I dont remember as its been awhile since I played one.....

#24 1 year ago

I dont like shakers.
    in my STLE and BM66LE they are on minimal use.
    my other sterns dont have shakers and I am happy with that...

#25 1 year ago

My AS doesnt have a shaker and i love playing it and may never even put one in it. It does add to the fun though in certain games for sure. Its kinda like when you are playing PS4 and the controller vibrates, its kind of a simple and silly little thing but it makes playing video games alot more fun for some reason

#26 1 year ago

Loved it in my Hobbit, absolutely helps sell the theme of the game. Probably it isn't a must-have on many games, but I could see one in every game in my collection (MB, IJ, TZ, LOTR)

#27 1 year ago

Would it be considered one of the top 4 mods for machines w the option? No additional poll of course, but for example, would you choose it over colordmd, pdi, etc.?

I would have to think its at the top....

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Would it be considered one of the top 4 mods for machines w the option? No additional poll of course, but for example, would you choose it over colordmd, pdi, etc.?

Definitely behind ColorDMD, PinSound, maybe PDI/Invisiglass for me. Oh and the crazy eyes in SS!

#29 1 year ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Its definitely a top 4 mod in my opinion. Shaker vs a color dmd is a tough decision. I love the color dmd's but the truth is i dont have time to look at the dmd when im playing anyways and I always feel the shaker while playing.

#30 1 year ago

Imho color dmd is the best mod ever.

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Imho color dmd is the best mod ever.

Have on all my applicable machines....glad i dont have to choose

#32 1 year ago

I turn mine off, can't stand them. Plus I think they are hard on the game and my floor

#33 1 year ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Have on all my applicable machines....glad i dont have to choose

The color DMD for GOT looks amazing. I am going to have to get one.

#34 1 year ago

Love the shaker motor and would want one for any game I own that it’s available on. I always see people mentioning GB storage facility multi ball as a good example of a shaker used right but I’d actually mention the GB extra ball instead. It’s amazing how subtle and floaty the shake is until the car hits Slimer then SPLAT. Awesome use of the shaker motor.

#35 1 year ago

I personally like shaker motors. I think they make the games more immersive. Its a must in my Iron Man VE, I also have them in my Star Trek Pro, Star Wars Pro, and Metallica Pro. All of these are well integrated into the games.

#36 1 year ago

I’ve had mixed experiences with shakers... WOZ, AC/DC,ST... great! RS and TWD, unplugged it. For the TWD, it created some really annoying squeaks and rattles in Stern’s cheaply built metal backbox... I spent hours tracking them down and eliminating them. Drove me crazy.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 299.00
    $ 10.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 13.00
    $ 19.95
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5.00
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 109.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 24.50
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 229.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 27.99
    Playfield - Protection
    Lee's Parts
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside