6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ovfdfireman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

I have only played a couple of games with shakers and don't seem to understand why a lot of people like them. They just seem like an added distraction to me. Really seems like a waste of money. What is the deal?

#2 6 years ago

On some games they aren't that great, others they work good IMO. I had a TFTC and it fit well I thought. My buddy has a Tron, and it's just meh...

#3 6 years ago

Play TRON with a shaker and you will instantly see how much more immersed you become in the game.

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Play TRON with a shaker and you will instantly see how much more immersed you become in the game.

Ha funny, I didn't think it was special at all...hardly even noticed it really....

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

Ha funny, I didn't think it was special at all...hardly even noticed it really....

Probably was not set up correctly.

#6 6 years ago

I love the shaker on my Transformers...goes well with the sound! The game would not be the same without it.

#7 6 years ago

I don't get the appeal either personally. They don't bother me at all but I don;t get the excitement.

#8 6 years ago

Try playing Earthshaker sometime, the first pin to have a shaker. It's very appropriate there.

#9 6 years ago

TFTC...awesome. JPTLW....dinosaurs are HUGE...so shaking makes sense no?! MET....heavy metal music and a shaker....no brainier.

Distraction?? More like interaction

#10 6 years ago

love them...gotta be set up correctly...IM with SHaker...all the way!!!

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Probably was not set up correctly.

I'm going to put a shaker in my Tron tonight but more then one person has said to put it in Xmen instead. I will try it in Tron first then move it to Xmen if I don't like it. Can you please tell me how to "set it up correctly" so I get the full Tron experience out of it.

Thanks.

#12 6 years ago

I bought one for LOTR, tried it in TRON, and decided I didn't have to have one in TRON. Love it in LOTR. MET is getting one tomorrow.

#13 6 years ago

My ACDC rocks with the shaker! Love it. Choose War Machine and hit the spinner....Feel the bombs dropping on you!! Love it. Not the same game without it IMHO.

#14 6 years ago

I was never a big shaker fan at all. Found that my speaker upgrade gave me a shake and better sound. But the new Sterns incorporate shakers very well. In fact, I recently purchased 3 of them, and I am glad I did. Although, of the upgrades that I consider a must for my machines......the shaker is that last (or even optional).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 67.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    MicksPinball
    $ 14.95
    Various Novelties
    Allteksystems
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 14.95
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Flipper Parts
    TheDudeMods
    Displays
    GermanGamingSupplies.com
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Boards
    PinSound
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Pin Mods
    $ 119.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 159.00
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside