Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Nokoro
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ABE_FLIPS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hello, i installed the Pinball Lifes shaker motor to my new TMNT, unfortunately its much too strong.
    https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

I have a shaker on my DP which is 1/3rd of the power, much better. Rattling tape won't help with this problem.
    The in-game settings just provides quantity not intensity.
    i can not turn the weights because there is just one pre drilled hole in the weights mounting pole to lock the weight in place.
    i thought about cutting the weights in half, bad idea? any other options, something electrical maybe?

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

Is there a threaded rod in the metal housing that goes from one side to the other that you can tighten? My old shaker in my Star Trek Pro had one for that very purpose.

yes, i thought about this too and i tightened it to a point where the metal frame got slightly bend.
    i didn't want to go further because i wasn't sure how tight i can make it and how it affects the mechanics. any idea?

also what do you think about cutting the weights?

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from jgreene:

I think you can rotate one weight. If the weights are both pointing in the same direction you’ll feel the max imbalance (shake). Rotate one weight 90 degrees and check.

thanks but in my first post i said that i cant do it, because the pole has just one hole where the screw can be locked in, i cant use different positions of the weight.

#14 3 years ago

thanks, i tightened the screw even more now and the housing really is bend, but it works!

cheers!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ABE_FLIPS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shaker-strength-reduction?tu=ABE_FLIPS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.