image.jpeg
414289.jpg
image.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stack15.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Has anyone had an issue with a stern spike system shaker? I just put one in my WM. It was a very simple six step process - basically put it in, screw it down and plug it in. It doesn't do anything.

I don't know much about this spike system. But maybe did I blow a fuse? Anyone know what the orange light means on the side board? That is the only odd thing I see.

#2 8 years ago

Pictures

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

#4 8 years ago

Yes. Stern Shaker Motor Kit (rev c) for Spike System games.

#6 8 years ago

Spike shaker = confirmed.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

image_2.jpegimage_2.jpeg

#7 8 years ago

And the shaker is set to maximal. Does anyone know if WrestleMania just isn't coded for a shaker? It is weird to have a DOA one.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#10 8 years ago

No. Everything seems to work fine - just no shaker action. All signs point to either a DOA shaker or no game code for a shaker.

I will call stern when I get home.

#12 8 years ago

Thank you! That is most helpful.

#15 8 years ago

WM is my only spike game - I mean there are only three to choose from. I am pretty sure the problem is with the stern board.

#17 8 years ago

I called Stern. They picked up on the first ring and were extremely helpful. They are sending me a new "node board" - the little one on the inside of the cabinet.

#18 8 years ago

Thank you everyone. Stern asked me about the capacitor too. None here.

The weird thing = every other shaker I bought came with the side board.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

1 month later
#22 8 years ago

Over a month later = still no action. It is getting frustrating.

#25 8 years ago

It seems to be stuck in a loop. I called stern 30 days ago and went through the trouble shooting. They told me I needed a new node board, got my name and address and said there would be one in the mail. Ten days later and no package. I called back and stern told me they don't send things directly to owners and I needed to go through my distributor for the node board. I was confused because earlier it was quite clear they were sending one. I am not one of those people who always asks for the name and employee number of everyone they speak. Maybe I should have done that. We went through trouble shooting again and they said I need a new node board.

So I emailed my distributor. They said they would call stern. I followed up two days later and they asked for pictures. I sent those. Followed up six days later and apparently we are waiting on stern. That was five days ago. I have been oddly enough expecting a node board in the mail for over 30 days. I called stern 2x today. They are not answering. I left a message. What else am I supposed to do?

#27 8 years ago

Hahaha. That made me laugh. Thank you.

Stern called back just now. Spoke with Chad and he was great! I think we will get it all straightened out in time for Christmas. I am admittedly kind of hard to deal with. I just want things to work as they should - hence I dumped all my 90s games for newer sterns.

#28 8 years ago

Hopefully in another week or so I can go back to being happy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stack15.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shaker-spike-doa-1?tu=stack15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.