• Shaker yes 29 votes
    88%
  • Shaker no 4 votes
    12%

(33 votes)

#1 4 years ago

Hey Everyone ,
I own a kiss LE and Metallica premium.
Was thinking about getting a shaker motor for one or both of them whats everybody’s take on them? And Do they cause problems if I go with one?

#2 4 years ago

dont know about these games, but my walking dead has it, and i love it. Thinking of adding one to my fish tales....

#3 4 years ago

It pretty good in Met to. Just wait until you start sparky multi ball. Never played kiss with one tho.

#4 4 years ago

I like them. They haven't caused anything to rattle loose for me. In a home environment, I think you'll be fine.

#5 4 years ago

They’re annoying

#6 4 years ago

Yes...absolutely!

#8 4 years ago

Love the shakers adds more to my TFTC.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Love the shakers adds more to my TFTC.

the shaker in that game will piss off the neighbors!

#10 4 years ago

I wonder whether the shaker can cause pre-mature, or speed up, wear on the cabinet joints.
I wonder whether shaker motors are used to make shorter ball times, or cause the ball to go down the sides more often.
Do game designers use the shaker as a tool or a non interfering polish?

#11 4 years ago

I love shaker motors. It just adds a physical feel to the pin. Makes it come alive a bit and adds some depth so to speak. In any event, I think it provides for a more complex or engaging experience.

#12 4 years ago

I believe shakers were used in games for specific reasons, like shaking the ground when dinosaurs were running. I added one to my Mustang premium (shaker was standard in Mustang LE) that shakes the game when the engine noise sounds. But I do not see the need to force a shaker into every pin.

#13 4 years ago

Kinda lame you need 2 diff'rent types of shakers for those game so you can't just get 1 and test it out.
In the end it's a shaker & it does what it says. It's alright but not the most mind blowing thing. Of course they are only $79 bucks so just pick one and order it.

Met has harder music and it's a better game so my vote is Met

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 22.50
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shaker-motor-or-no-shaker-motor?hl=pintuck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.