Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by lhammer610
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20131223_194155.jpg
IMG_20131223_194344.jpg
IMG_20131223_193917.jpg

#1 5 years ago

If I buy the standard WOZ NIB and I want to add a shaker motor to it. Do I need to buy that shaker from JJP or can I just get a aftermarket? If aftermarket, do I look for one made for Bally/Williams Stern etc?
Is there a direct plug in spot for this motor on the standard WOZ or does it require wiring. Do you have to turn that function on after its installed?

Thanks!

#2 5 years ago

The connector is in WOZ to add a shaker motor.

No idea if a shaker motor from somewhere else will have the matching connector.

After market is fine, same motor has been used forever in pinball machines. Bally ( Harley Davidson ) Williams, Stern, etc.

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

Thanks LTG
Might be picking up a standard WOZ and I know that's a feature I want to add.
I'm going to ask the store I am buying it from if they have them in stock.
Just trying to educate myself because I don't want them giving me line like "you have to use JJP shakers only" etc.

#4 5 years ago

I have a standard WOZ and I'd wait to see how they implement the shaker before plunking down for it. As of now it isn't worth it IMO.

#5 5 years ago

I added one from JJP and it was around 200.00 plus shipping so you may want to source it from pinball life but the plug is different.It is worth the effort and I like the the implementation of it

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I have a standard WOZ and I'd wait to see how they implement the shaker before plunking down for it. As of now it isn't worth it IMO.

They way it's implemented now is worth it, IMHO, especially when the house spins and the doors burst open during EC multiball. Very cool to see a first time player's eyes light up when the whole machine shakes!

#7 5 years ago

I need to check my shaker then because mine is not very noticeable at all.

#8 5 years ago

Maybe that's why yours doesn't blow fuses like the two I've had!

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Still?

#10 5 years ago

Just had a fuse blow Thursday. Doesn't happen as often, but this motor tends to squeak which offsets the joy of not having fuses blow.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Did your shaker come stock, or did you add it after purchase?
If after, which did you buy?
I see lots out there saying they fit Stern but not JJP.

#12 5 years ago

Taylor, I am like you. Mine is not very noticeable. I have an LE and it came with it. It really does not add that much to the game IMO.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Maybe that's why yours doesn't blow fuses like the two I've had

What fuses are blowing?

#14 5 years ago

My shaker is "very" noticeable. There are adjustments in the menu to have it shake more. I think its intergrated quite well in fact. If I put my shaker on the highest setting...it shakes the floor. I dont understand how some seem weak...it must be having the settings too low.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I added one from JJP and it was around 200.00 plus shipping so you may want to source it from pinball life but the plug is different.It is worth the effort and I like the the implementation of it

So where exactly did you get this? I tried a couple months ago and nothing came of it.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

What fuses are blowing?

F709, which works the shaker, the witch, the monkey, and the spinning house. Seems quite a bit for a little 3A fuse to take.

Quoted from wishiwas:

Did your shaker come stock, or did you add it after purchase?
If after, which did you buy?
I see lots out there saying they fit Stern but not JJP.

I have an ECLE, so it came with the machine.

Quoted from 2manypins:

Taylor, I am like you. Mine is not very noticeable. I have an LE and it came with it. It really does not add that much to the game IMO.

Yes, I agree with the previous post...I believe there is a setting (in coils, maybe?) that can increase the shaker motor. Mine also shakes the floor and makes the topper lights flicker...until it doesn't work anymore.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

F709, which works the shaker, the witch, the monkey, and the spinning house. Seems quite a bit for a little 3A fuse to take.

Thanks for the info... are others having this issue or is this just a issue you are having?

#18 5 years ago

I only know of one other person with this problem, and only two other people with such a chronic RGB problem. I have both, because God hates me.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I only know of one other person with this problem

Sorry you are having some grief... hopefully you get it fixed soon.... It is a fun pin to play!

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

are others having this issue or is this just a issue you are having?

In the last 6 1/2 months, I believe I have ordered four. Five now with Beelzeboob's that was ordered last night. Three were blowing fuses, two had bearing/noise ? issues.

#21 5 years ago

Beelzeboob, have you gone to church to pray for your game to work properly?
Maybe that's the problem.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Beelzeboob, have you gone to church to pray for your game to work properly?
Maybe that's the problem.

I was an alter boy for three years, and this is how God thanks me. Last time I was in church, it felt unnaturally warm to me as I sat on the pew.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

My shaker is "very" noticeable. There are adjustments in the menu to have it shake more. I think its intergrated quite well in fact. If I put my shaker on the highest setting...it shakes the floor. I dont understand how some seem weak...it must be having the settings too low.

Where is the setting?

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Where is the setting?

Settings - Coils - scroll down past the first page a little bit.

#25 5 years ago

Found it thanks. Much improved..

2 weeks later
#26 5 years ago

Does anyone have the instructions for the WOZ Shaker install? I know where it goes and have installed the one in my Tron. Mine (shaker) is on it's way so I was looking ahead at the install and for the life of me, I can't find where it plugs into. I understand it is in front by the start button, but I see no extra wires/connectors for it. Every connector in the front of my cab is already connected to something else. Does something get unplugged for the shaker to get plugged into, or should there be a separate plug? Also - how many pin molex connector is it? A picture would be even better if someone has one. Thanks!

#27 5 years ago

The wires run down towards the free game knocker and plug into another connector that has the same colors wires.
I took the cover off the shaker so you can see them better.

IMG_20131223_193917.jpg

IMG_20131223_194344.jpg

IMG_20131223_194155.jpg

#28 5 years ago

Perfect, thanks!

4 years later
#29 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

The connector is in WOZ to add a shaker motor.
No idea if a shaker motor from somewhere else will have the matching connector.
After market is fine, same motor has been used forever in pinball machines. Bally ( Harley Davidson ) Williams, Stern, etc.

I am looking to add a shaker motor to WOZ. The connector looks to be a two wire connector in WOZ.

Pinball Life sells multiple shakers including one for Spike, another for SAM, Spooky, etc. The one for SPIKE appears to just have a two wire connector which, I would hope, would connect to the WOZ plug (plugs do not match, but oh well):

https://www.pinballlife.com/docs/instructions/SPIKE%20Shaker%20Motor%20Installation%20Instructions.pdf

The one for SAM includes a circuit board which appears to have a couple of diodes, a resistor and two fuses (no downloadable instructions).

In looking at the WOZ manual, I find a shaker motor connection that goes from from the coil drive power on D-172. D-161 indicates that the shaker motor drive is J20-1 (I/O board J109-3). D-157 indicates that the shaker motor power is +12 VDC from I/O board J109-1, J20-13.

Does the shaker motor run straight on that +12? Or should there be a motor relay board like that on D-116?

In looking at the Stern Star Trek manual, there is a shaker motor board that has a diode, a fuse and a resistor - no clue what those do other than perhaps prevent some motor noise on the DC line. Is that missing in WOZ and do I need to then purchase a shaker motor interface board in addition to the motor?

BTW, Cointaker says that their shaker motors will not work in WOZ.

The description at this site (below) says it is just a simple plug in and no picture nor mention of a board.

https://littleshopofgames.com/product/wizard-of-oz-shaker-motor-kit/

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from lhammer610:

I am looking to add a shaker motor to WOZ. The connector looks to be a two wire connector in WOZ.
Pinball Life sells multiple shakers including one for Spike, another for SAM, Spooky, etc. The one for SPIKE appears to just have a two wire connector which, I would hope, would connect to the WOZ plug (plugs do not match, but oh well):
https://www.pinballlife.com/docs/instructions/SPIKE%20Shaker%20Motor%20Installation%20Instructions.pdf
The one for SAM includes a circuit board which appears to have a couple of diodes, a resistor and two fuses (no downloadable instructions).
In looking at the WOZ manual, I find a shaker motor connection that goes from from the coil drive power on D-172. D-161 indicates that the shaker motor drive is J20-1 (I/O board J109-3). D-157 indicates that the shaker motor power is +12 VDC from I/O board J109-1, J20-13.
Does the shaker motor run straight on that +12? Or should there be a motor relay board like that on D-116?
In looking at the Stern Star Trek manual, there is a shaker motor board that has a diode, a fuse and a resistor - no clue what those do other than perhaps prevent some motor noise on the DC line. Is that missing in WOZ and do I need to then purchase a shaker motor interface board in addition to the motor?
BTW, Cointaker says that their shaker motors will not work in WOZ.
The description at this site (below) says it is just a simple plug in and no picture nor mention of a board.
https://littleshopofgames.com/product/wizard-of-oz-shaker-motor-kit/

If I was you I would bite the bullet and buy one directly from JJP....yea it sucks u have to pay 2x market for one, but its worth it in the end (eliminates a lot of potential drama)

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

If I was you I would bite the bullet and buy one directly from JJP....yea it sucks u have to pay 2x market for one, but its worth it in the end (eliminates a lot of potential drama)

What fun is that?

I like JJP and their tech support is great. Frank has been extremely helpful.

I understand JJP's pricing of the shaker - if they price it at $70, it makes upgrading to the higher pin model less valuable.

But this pin is used and I am trying to fix it up for an organization and we are on a tight budget. If I can get the same thing for less, I need to seriously consider it.

I am looking for someone who has done aftermarket or has a JJP shaker installed and can tell me if there is anything besides the motor, two wires and a plug. From looking at the photo posted by Jasontaps, it looks like that is all there is.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside