You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ELVIS_CUSTOM_GOLD_(28)_(resized).JPG
ELVIS_CUSTOM_GOLD_(22)_(resized).JPG
006_(resized).JPG

#1 8 years ago

Put a new Rev B Stern shaker in Elvis today and couldn't get it to work properly. It will work in test, and in game play you can slightly feel it when the ball is in the pop bumpers. Any ideas what else to check? Couldn't find any settings that turn it on or off in the menus.

Thanks!

#2 8 years ago

I didn't think Elvis supported shaker motor.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I didn't think Elvis supported shaker motor.

Have it in mine.

#4 8 years ago

Yes it has shaker programming, but the pops are the only thing that really triggers shaker.
I'd check your counter weights on the shaker and make sure they adjusted out (assuming there is more than one hole to attach weights).
If not get a red trimmer from Cointaker ...more aggressive.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Yes it has shaker programming, but the pops are the only thing that really triggers shaker.

Not sure about your setup, but mine triggers on more than just the pops. Lots of hit features activate my shaker. Used as much as any other Stern game I have shakers in.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I'd check your counter weights on the shaker and make sure they adjusted out (assuming there is more than one hole to attach weights).

If it works in test, I wouldn't think the counter weights would be the problem. Next question would be does it shake the same amount in test and in play. Is his description off between the two.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Not sure about your setup, but mine triggers on more than just the pops. Lots of hit features activate my shaker. Used as much as any other Stern game I have shakers in.

Interesting what else triggers yours?
I had a friend over and we went through it a bit and I never realized how little triggers Elvis shaker. He decided in the end not to get the shaker....I would not pass on the shaker but interested in your findings.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Interesting what else triggers yours?
I had a friend over and we went through it a bit and I never realized how little triggers Elvis shaker. He decided in the end not to get the shaker....I would not pass on the shaker but interested in your findings.

Ok. Next time I play I'll write down how it's used and report back.

#9 8 years ago

Excellent - not giving you a hard time just want to see the difference.
I have had an E! since 2007 ish want to know what I am missing.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Excellent - not giving you a hard time just want to see the difference.
I have had an E! since 2007 ish want to know what I am missing.

No problem at all. Need to see what the shaker is doing vs. feeling the Sub. I do know off the top of my head that besides pops, each (all shook up) target fires it and also with the completion of all shook up, any additional feature hits activates it. It's also firing after the completion of feature hits, gifts from E-l-V-I-S completed and top 10 countdown completed. Cheated with the glass off to get all 3 of them running

006_(resized).JPG006_(resized).JPG
ELVIS_CUSTOM_GOLD_(22)_(resized).JPGELVIS_CUSTOM_GOLD_(22)_(resized).JPG
ELVIS_CUSTOM_GOLD_(28)_(resized).JPGELVIS_CUSTOM_GOLD_(28)_(resized).JPG

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

No problem at all. Need to see what the shaker is doing vs. feeling the Sub. I do know off the top of my head that besides pops, each (all shook up) target fires it and also with the completion of all shook up, any additional feature hits activates it. It's also firing after the completion of feature hits, gifts from E-l-V-I-S completed and top 10 countdown completed. Cheated with the glass off to get all 3 of them running

Mine is not is not doing anything on the shots you mentioned. It's exactly what Hooked said - only triggered by the pops and even then it's not very noticeable. Unless anyone else has any suggestions I am going to throw a Cointaker shaker in there tonight and see if that makes a difference.

#13 8 years ago

Ill check what code mine is running to see if that's the difference. I'm not running a container shaker.

#14 8 years ago

Thanks for checking. What do you think about this Elvis ramp?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/discoloration-on-elvis-ramp#post-2994166

#15 8 years ago

Send to mike my huo starting to do the same thing. Terry has the left ramp in stock but its a ton.

2 weeks later
#16 8 years ago

Can anyone help walk me through installing a new cointaker shaker in an older Stern like Elvis? Can it be done?

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from sckurk:

Shaker motor not working in Elvis...

...and I'll bet that Elvis is all shook up over it.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Can anyone help walk me through installing a new cointaker shaker in an older Stern like Elvis? Can it be done?

I'd contact Melissa or Chris for a pdf of the install.
Mine was plug in and play ready.
Board connections were factory and the brown wire is in the back of the lower cab.

3 months later
#19 7 years ago

Shaker works!!

1 week later
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shaker-motor-not-working-in-elvis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.