Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shaker motor-2 (resized).jpg
shaker motor (resized).jpg
IMG_20181023_233914 (resized).jpg
JPshaker_(resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

Does the shaker motor and bracket mount to an additional plate on the floor of the cabinet? I bought my JP without a shaker motor, purchased one and noticed that the holes don't match up and can only assume that the motor mounts to a plate, which I don't have if that's the case. Does anyone have an image of what that plate looks like? I didn't see a part on Marcos (if there is one).

Thanks for the help.

#2 7 years ago

Yes, there's a steel plate on the bottom and on the top of the motor end plates. Here is the order of the stack.

Plastic cover to protect your fingers
Top plate 535 5840-00
Motor and end plates
Bottom plate 535 5836-00

The complete motor assembly with top and bottom plates is 500 5228-00

I couldn't find a reference to either of the plates by using google. You're probably going to have to make them.

#3 7 years ago

JPshaker_(resized).JPGJPshaker_(resized).JPG

2 years later
#5 5 years ago

I hate to revive an old thread but this kinda makes sense to ask here. My JP is missing the 535-5840-00 Top Bracket pictured. It just has the plastic cover over it. I can't find any reference or picture of this bracket elsewhere. Can someone confirm it was actually installed? does anyone have a picture of it? I am getting a lot of excessive vibration and I can't help but think this phantom bracket maybe part of the issue.

IMG_20181023_233914 (resized).jpgIMG_20181023_233914 (resized).jpg
#6 5 years ago
Quoted from radix:

I hate to revive an old thread but this kinda makes sense to ask here. My JP is missing the 535-5840-00 Top Bracket pictured. It just has the plastic cover over it. I can't find any reference or picture of this bracket elsewhere. Can someone confirm it was actually installed? does anyone have a picture of it? I am getting a lot of excessive vibration and I can't help but think this phantom bracket maybe part of the issue.
[quoted image]

You can soften the vibration by loosening the weights and adjusting them so they're not dead even with each other.

Here's the picture I think you're looking for. You definitely need the bracket (looks more like a metal plate on top, actually) and then the plastic bubble over the whole thing for a correct install:
shaker motor (resized).jpgshaker motor (resized).jpg
And another:
shaker motor-2 (resized).jpgshaker motor-2 (resized).jpg

#7 5 years ago

Well, that explains a lot. Thanks so much for the info and pictures! Any idea where I can buy a replacement or what the dimensions are to build one?

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from radix:

Well, that explains a lot. Thanks so much for the info and pictures! Any idea where I can buy a replacement or what the dimensions are to build one?

No idea on either front, but if you know a metalworker, I'm sure they can oakie-joe one for you if you can't find the actual part. It's just a slight rectangle wit 2 holes in it. Just make sure the thickness is about the same as the rest of the bracket it's bolting to.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Machine - For Sale
Sabattus, ME
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shaker-motor-help-jurassic-park and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.