(Topic ID: 132781)

Shaker installed on game that stands on hard floor....??

By 27dnast

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Ballz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Anyone have experience with this? Helping a buddy that has a game that sits on a concrete floor in his basement. Will a shaker motor cause the game to rattle and buzz?

Any suggestions/insights would be cool.

thx!

#2 8 years ago

i have a couple of clients with concrete floors. We have used these rubber feet in the past (mostly to protect the polished concrete)

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=564

#3 8 years ago

Mine sits right on concrete. 2 years no problems.

#4 8 years ago

One word comes to mind..............overthinking!

#5 8 years ago

I had my tftc on hardwood floors and it shook the hell outta things. Hated it.

I think on concrete the flooring would be less prone to vibration than hardwood.

#6 8 years ago

LoL...not over thinking. He's on the fence and I didn't want to install the thing only to have it vibrate and rattle without some sort of cushion under the feet.

#7 8 years ago

Mine sits on tile floors over concrete and it is not a problem.

#8 8 years ago

Buy some pin-butts in a matching color
    I always use these because my games are on concrete and I hate the sound they make when they slide

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2962

#9 8 years ago

All mine are on furniture sliders that are padded. That would fix any problems

#10 8 years ago

I don't think the shaker rattles that much - at least on my ST. It's just a little rumble that you feel if touching the machine. If it's shaking a machine that bad, I don't think that would be good and something is wrong.

#11 8 years ago

I've started using a rubber washer between the base of Shaker and cabinet. Quiets shaker and makes for a much smoother "shake".

#12 8 years ago

I've had my Gladiators on a concrete floor for over a year without any problems. That shaker rattles the entire house!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shaker-installed-on-game-that-stands-on-hard-floor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.