You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170706_115839 (resized).jpg
IMG_3343 (resized).JPG
IMG_3342 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

Brought home my MET pro and was putting in a shaker I bought and told him it was for Metallica. He sold me a shaker but no little board needed to run it, I ordered it, then I find out I am supposed to have a wire harness from back box to front, what part is that wire harness and where can I get it? Thanks in advance.

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

Brought home my MET pro and was putting in a shaker I bought and told him it was for Metallica. He sold me a shaker but no little board needed to run it, I ordered it, then I find out I am supposed to have a wire harness from back box to front, what part is that wire harness and where can I get it? Thanks in advance.

Did you buy a Stern shaker? If so you get a filter to put in on one of your backboards, it plugs in between the wiring harness and the board. The shaker itself plugs directly into a board near the back of the machine. Full instructions with photos are in the bag with the shaker.

If you bought a different brand shaker I cannot help out.

Great machine. Happy Flipping!

#3 6 years ago

Maybe pinball life would sell it separate? But you either got sold a spike kit or a plain shaker.

Spike plugs into a board already under the left flipper button inside

The Sam just needs a board added.

IMG_3342 (resized).JPGIMG_3342 (resized).JPG

IMG_3343 (resized).JPGIMG_3343 (resized).JPG

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

No board means he sent you a spike shaker. However, they are fully compatible, you just need to get the board from whoever you bought it from.

#5 6 years ago

Bought the board but need to find the wire set up to run from back to front? Found the shaker ground, plugged it into board, but need to run power?!?

#6 6 years ago

Does this video help?

I think with met they already have the wires ready to go. You just have to find/plug them in. WHen I get home I can take pics of mine. On my Tron I had to run wires from the back, but that is an old game.

#7 6 years ago

On my Met led pro the wiring was already there from factory, just look for the plug. Heck I even think it had a tag on it that said shaker.
-Mike

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

On my Met led pro the wiring was already there from factory, just look for the plug. Heck I even think it had a tag on it that said shaker.
-Mike

Same here. Look towards the back of the cabinet as it may be lying back there. It's long enough to reach the front where the shaker goes.

#9 6 years ago

I don't have the cable in back, can you send a pic? I have shaker and bought board, and have a "shaker ground" but nothing telling it when to shake.

#10 6 years ago

Connector with brown/white stripe and has red/white stripe. And you can see how brown wire goes up into harness and red has connector from left front corner of machine.
-Mike

20170706_115839 (resized).jpg20170706_115839 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#11 6 years ago

where does cable come from ? I have ground wire from game and wire from shaker going into board, think I am missing a cord.

#12 6 years ago

Which Metallica pro do you have? The original with wood backbox and incandescent lights or a newer led one?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,600 (OBO)
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 149.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 12.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shaker-in-new-metallica and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.