Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which do you prefer?”

• The Shadow 117 votes
    60%
  • Congo 77 votes
    40%

(194 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 10 years ago

I mean, they're really not related at all, aside from both being based on somewhat questionable movies.

Shadow is mode based, Congo isn't. Shadow has an upper playfield, Congo a lower. Congo is more traditional, normal plunger, pops, Shadow has neither. Congo is a relatively easy game, Shadow is pretty hard.

You really would have to play both and see what you think. I wouldn't mind owning a Congo sometime, but I've seen them for prices I could afford and passed them up. Shadow is probably the most keeper game I have. To me Shadow is far superior, but Congo is still a cool game.

Shadow is more challenging, has more intense original gameplay, has better sound, just overall a better game to me.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

I'm actually surprised Shadow is ahead; Congo has a bunch of great shots and forces you all over the playfield. Shadow, based on the PAPA tutorial video, is best played by hitting the upper loop ad nauseum. I figured in terms of gameplay, Congo would walk all over Shadow.

If you can spam that Shadow loop you're a better player than most, or your name is Bowen. My Shadow loops record is 6.

And in terms of gameplay the Shadow is better than Congo IMHO (which is a fun, but frankly pretty standard game), you can't judge it by a tournament strategy video. Tournament players suck the fun out of everything.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

What's a fair price on Congo. For only about 2000 made I found quite a few for sale on ebay.

They're not common per se, but they aren't really "keeper" games, people tend to enjoy and then flip, so they're in circulation. In my experience it's harder to get a Shadow than a Congo, people tend to hold onto their Shadows longer.

I think Congo would make a good alt translite project some day, we'll see. It's a cool game, I just happen to love The Shadow, so that puts it above Congo for me.

Nice Congo just sold here for what? $2800?

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

You are confusing looping (rather worthless and dangerous) with the 2 way combo award which gets to be insanely high. Left orbit to loop = 255 mil!

The thing is everyone sees the Bowen video and thinks it's easy. Watch some tournament play and tell me how many people are doing it for the "easy" points.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I just can't get over the really cheap feeling and flimsy wire form ramps

What?

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

I just don't get the crappy theme on Congo bit.

Quoted from Phetishboy:

The Shadow just seems like a terrible theme to me.

And now you understand how people can say things about themes they don't understand.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Both are mediocre. Don't buy either one. Been there,done that.

"Been there, done that. No one else do it because I'm bored of boring things, pinball is boring."

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Some are boring. You own The Shadow I restored.

Well I'm glad it bored you because I love it!

Quoted from Breadfan:

Is it still holding up good? Did you get the extra NOS drops & upper playfield parts? If not,I may still have them but I think they were in the folder with the manual when I sold it to the guy you got it from.

I need to shop it, but otherwise doing great. Not sure what folder you're thinking of, the manual is in a binder, at least how I got it, no drops or parts that I know of.

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Hmmm. I had some NOS parts for that pin. If I find them they're yours. Glad it went to a good home that enjoys it. I had fun restoring it,but never got into the game play like I was hoping I would. Had to sell to help fund my BIBLE.

Hey, if you find em let me know, thanks, but no worries. And it's easily one of my favorite games, so all teasing aside happy to have it.

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Can't wait for my shadows makeover!

You should have it next week.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shadow-vs-congo?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.