(Topic ID: 15064)

Shadow - Underpriced for the quality of game?

By Cobray

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 89 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by iceman44
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Just curious why TS has remained steady at around $2K for a nice one while every other game has increased 20%-100% in the last 6 months?
I was recently reading a "price check" thread and someone had mentioned, "oh, don't pay more than $2.2K for a really nice one". LOL. To me, that seems like an amazing bargain.
And the really cheap pins, such as Fish Tales and a lot of the Data East games that were about $1K are now $1700+. Not trying to get into an argument as to whether those games are worth it or not, but relative to TS, TS kills them as far as gameplay IMO.
For me, I have a minty TS, and I don't see it rolling out my door (if I could ever let it go) for less than $3K, especially given what I would have to pony up for another pin at current prices.
For those getting into pinball, I think TS is one of the best values, period, and it's not going to be much longer before people realize it.
Anyone else think TS is undervalued right now? Or is the back glass THAT bad? LOL.

It is because the game is difficult and the theme is bad. Lots of people don't want to play a difficult game. Fish Tales, for instance, is easy and straightforward and a theme that most can relate to in fishing. If a casual pinball player could pick between Fish Tales and Shadow at the same price, they are going to pick Fish Tales. The more hardcore players are going to pick Shadow for the opposite reason. Problem is, there are a lot more casual players than hardcore players. I just picked up a beautiful Shadow for $1,750 and I couldn't be happier. I love a deep challenging game and you just don't see those nowadays, even at triple the price. A fully working, excellent condition Shadow is well above a $2,000 game for the right people.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shadow-underpriced-for-the-quality-of-game?tu=lesmanley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.