(Topic ID: 15064)

Shadow - Underpriced for the quality of game?

By Cobray

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 89 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by iceman44
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cobray.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Just curious why TS has remained steady at around $2K for a nice one while every other game has increased 20%-100% in the last 6 months?

I was recently reading a "price check" thread and someone had mentioned, "oh, don't pay more than $2.2K for a really nice one". LOL. To me, that seems like an amazing bargain.

And the really cheap pins, such as fish tales and a lot of the Data East games that were about $1K are now $1700+. Not trying to get into an argument as to whether those games are worth it or not, but relative to TS, TS kills them as far as gameplay IMO.

For me, I have a minty TS, and I don't see it rolling out my door (if I could ever let it go) for less than $3K, especially given what I would have to pony up for another pin at current prices.

For those getting into pinball, I think TS is one of the best values, period, and it's not going to be much longer before people realize it.

Anyone else think TS is undervalued right now? Or is the back glass THAT bad? LOL.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from Rick471:

I sold mine 2 weeks ago for $1500 and it was in really nice shape

That's crazy low for a nice condition machine... I wish I would have known, would have bought it and flipped it and made $500.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#70 11 years ago
Quoted from Rick471:

Baiter said:A game that has surpassed the $3k threshold as Shadow has is no longer "underpriced" IMO.
I wouldn't pay 2k for this title. 3k is just way too high unless it is almost NIB condition.
That damn background music is so annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!

Background music in pinball sucks in just about every game. If the gameplay is awesome, such as in TS, you can overlook the music. I actually can't even recall what the music sounds like, and I play TS regularly.

Some of the most annoying background music is in pinball. I HATE "twilight zone" (golden earring, really?). Hasn't stopped me from loving to play pinball and TZ is what, #2 on the rankings list?

#72 11 years ago

I really don't buy the argument that "not having pops" kills the flow of the game. I've never played a game and thought "man those pop bumpers kick ass!". Sure they are part of just about every single pinball, but they are just not missed in TS.

To me, the second playfield is one of the more fun second playfields, and in no way would I rather have pop bumpers there.. and I really couldn't imagine where you could put pop bumpers in this game without ruining the flow or gameplay.

#73 11 years ago

Damn accidental re-post, sorry!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals
Flipper parts
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits
Electronics
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus
Shooter rods
5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.
Interactive
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals
Flipper parts
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
7,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cobray.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shadow-underpriced-for-the-quality-of-game?tu=Cobray and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.