Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago

Ok, looks like it's fixed.

There was a loose diode on the wall target - just a teeny bit loose. I didn't do a good job soldering on the new target switch.

I really have no idea what the problem was though originally. Was it the wall target? Or the lock targets? Or both? I've tested and adjusted all of them. But one of the problems for the last 24 hours has probably been the wall target.

Thanks for the help everybody.

#52 7 years ago

Hey man, I use to have crazy issues with my shadow ball lock. Ended up being this part wears out...

SHADOW (Bally) bracket and plunger assy #A-18752

And A-18777 http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-18777

in my case A-18777 the hole was grinded larger from years of wear. Changed this out and all my lock issues were resolved.
Give it a try.

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There was a loose diode on the wall target - just a teeny bit loose. I didn't do a good job soldering on the new target switch.
I really have no idea what the problem was though originally. Was it the wall target? Or the lock targets? Or both? I've tested and adjusted all of them. But one of the problems for the last 24 hours has probably been the wall target.

It was more or likely the wall target to begin with. I may be biased as that was my issue as well but hell, glad it is fixed.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You are welcome for the help , glad it is working

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I really have no idea what the problem was though originally. Was it the wall target?

Quoted from o-din:

Check the target down switch. If it doesn't sense the target has dropped, the magnet will hold the ball and then just let it drop.

#56 7 years ago

Don't I told you so whistle that shit at me.

I'd already replaced this drop target switch by the time you chimed in...I just did a shitty job! It was easy to miss I checked it several times before I saw the issue in test.

When you are having a problem like this you have a lot of ground to cover. By the time you find yourself triple-checking the same stuff you kinda go insane...but eventually you usually figure it out. And there was plenty in play here, the divot issue (which was also a problem, the ball wasn't always dropping) and the lock switches needed attention too.

#57 7 years ago

I get it man. You had a lot of info to sort thru. But I had the same problem. And you wanted to know if that was your original problem. So what happens is if the machine does not see the target has dropped, it doesn't want to send the ball up at it. But what happens is it will hold the ball for quite a while before it lets it go which may be why so many have a burn on the playfield. I even saw this problem on route games back in the late 90s.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 37.50
$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shadow-strange-magnet-lock-issue/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.