3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by isJ
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).PNG
    #1 3 years ago

Just finished working on my Power Driver Board for my Shadow, there was low 5 volt on BR2, replace BR2 and it boots up now, however, a plunge makes the game slam tilt, and the right phurba is not working.

I am not really sure where to start. It's been a week. What did I screw up and where should I start troubleshooting?

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
    #2 3 years ago

Work on any switches lately ? I'd check that they are all wired right and nothing shorting to switch lugs or wiring. Assuming the slam tilt isn't too sensitive or shorted or anything.

On your switch matrix every switch is wired the same. White wire ( and what ever stripe ) to black end of diode, green wire ( and what ever stripe ) to a lug, silver band end of the diode to a lug. Easy to look them over and compare.

LTG : )

#3 3 years ago

Haven't worked on any switches, but I will check those three areas first.
    I was stuck thinking it was something I did to the board.

The game had some issues with the 5V, I fixed that and now I am stuck chasing this. I haven't changed any switches around, but I'll take a look for shorts anyway.

#4 3 years ago

The slam tilt has been clipped, so it's not that

#5 3 years ago

On boot the game is also giving a boot, reset, and then a boot. I think maybe the power driver board needs some love that I am not equipped to handle.

#6 3 years ago

Was the game booting prior to the fix? How did it behave before you replaced BR2?

Also, what's happening in switch and solenoid tests?

#7 3 years ago

Game wouldn't boot prior to replacing BR2. I swapped BR2, it boots but has that error.

I looked at / tested the board out yesterday on my bench for about 3 hours, cleaned up a short and some messy solder, but it still has the same issue.

I swapped power driver boards with a buddy who has a Shadow about 10 minutes away, plugged his in and the game works.

It's going to Chris Hibler since I apparently have no idea what I'm doing.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shadow-slam-tilt-on-plunge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.