Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PunkPin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Getting an inconsistent error on solenoid 36 battlefield single drop down on my shadow. Sometimes the solenoid will fire as normal, rest of the time I get a buzzing or pulsing sound.

Tested the coil at 4.6 ohm, also checked drive transister Q7 and compared it to the other tip102 on the fliptronic board.

Bad coil maybe? Or something grounding out?

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Getting an inconsistent error on solenoid 36 battlefield single drop down on my shadow. Sometimes the solenoid will fire as normal, rest of the time I get a buzzing or pulsing sound.
Tested the coil at 4.6 ohm, also checked drive transister Q7 and compared it to the other tip102 on the fliptronic board.

I've had this issue on a couple games and it's always been the switch for some reason.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

It’s not the coil it might be that switch needs adjusting or the drop target is getting stuck when trying to pop back up

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I've had this issue on a couple games and it's always been the switch for some reason.

Interesting, I have gotten an error for the switch 55 along with the coil error but always works perfectly in switch test and clears the switch error up.

Quoted from pinmike:

It’s not the coil it might be that switch needs adjusting or the drop target is getting stuck when trying to pop back up

Drop target is moving freely and doesnt seem to be catching on anything, and the reset up coil is working correctly. Pulsing is coming from smaller second coil that drops target from the up position.

#5 4 years ago

Placed an order for a new switch, will replace when it arrives and see if it solves the problem

1 year later
#6 2 years ago

Replaced the switch as well as the small drop coil which solved the problem temporarily, but slowly started popping back up and getting more frequent.

Here is a link to a video I took in test

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQr8w43lBCU/?utm_medium=share_sheet

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shadow-single-drop-error and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.