image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
20130405_213301.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RudeDogg1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

The Shadow Shop Log

This is gonna be a long one I just add to it as I go.

Just fixed the sanctum wall switch it just needed straightening.

Still getting a switch error on the battle field drop down switch all the optos on the battlefield are registering and all the targets.

A few faults ill try sorting befor i strip it down:

The battlefield switch error.
Mini kicker is dead.
burnt J120.
None of the rings light.
colum 8 only 2 lights light.
On GI test the lower pf doesnt light.

#2 11 years ago

I desoldered cleaned and rechecked now I assume it may be the cable join someone has done so thats my next continuity to check.

I could do with replacing a couple parts of the mini kicker if anyone knows the part numbers (I cant find them and they arnt in the manual that i can see)

the metal bracket the shaft with the square end goes through this one looks doctored as if not the original.

the spring this one has 2 very weak ones neither of which are the right ones I think.

solenoid re soldered and redid the join (better), got continuity but no life in it still grr. Any ideas? where should I be looking?

tested the fuses 2 dead which are for gi's so hopefully once ive fixed the burnt connector that will be the light prob sorted fingers crossed.

Found the second switch error its switch 55 micro switch for the single yellow drop target. it seems to work intermitently works when i press it but on it but only sometimes when the target drops. Do you think this is a new switch and diode jobbie?

#6 11 years ago

The Shadow Shop Log

Grr so close yet so far! I got the coil to fire when grounded so the coil def works. There's voltage at the lugs and every pin on both connectors. That's where I am at the mo I found a connector undone which I was hoping would of fixed it but it didn't ha ha (it goes to the knocker).

On the plus side I've done this today..... And it works
image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg
Also replaced a 2 pin under pf connector it looked abit melted.

It's fixed most the light probs.

Known faults that are left:

Still the mini kicker coil (as above),
Single yellow drop down switch (have a new one),
Sanctum drop down target switch (have a replacement).
No ring or big red flashed lights ( not sure where to start with that).
Knocker don't think it works and doesn't show up on tests

#8 11 years ago

all fuses are ok i dont think its a bulb cuz all 4 rings are out aswell as the 3 red flashers that are on the wireforms with the rings. I have continuity from the power connectors to the rings bulbs (not sure what connectors are used for the big flashers)

#9 11 years ago

I beleive its the little pcb under the pf that the rings join to thats the culprit its been hacked lots of bad joints I tried reflowing it but didnt do anything other than knock out the mini kicker opto that was the only thing working on it. Now the search is on for a new one grrr!

#10 11 years ago

Is there such a thing as a clear sanctum repair with just the writing and outline on?

#12 11 years ago

If you look in the manual it tells u the model number of the switch and diode

#14 11 years ago

Cheers I'm hoping that's all it is cuz the coil probs is already stressing me out lol

#16 11 years ago

Yup tried grounding it but it didn't fire but it fires if I ground the coil lug

#17 10 years ago

I found a 2 pin connector for an opto it has 2 wires soldered into one connector can i replace this with a molex and put the 2 into on crimp?

#18 10 years ago

Been quite busy this w/e regrained all the ball guides didn't get as anal as some do.
Stripped and cleaned the left and right phurba, popper, mini drop down, ball eject, sanctum wall (awaiting a new wall target from andy) coils and assemblies new coil sleeves and replaced the 2 dodgy switches. Also did a wire repair to one of the optos on the magnet it had worn thru to the wire.

Well now I'm stuck Andy the legend has tested my powerboard and there are no probs. that was my last glimmer of hope :0(. Back to the drawing board

image.jpgimage.jpg

#20 10 years ago

switch 5647-12693-31
diode 1N4004 1.0A 5070-09054-00

#22 10 years ago

no probs

A little update just finished servicing and rebuilding all the coil assemblies and thought id take a quick look at the battle field before I pack up for the night. and thought id trace the wires from the mini kicker back to the battle field connector. About 5 inches down from the join I redid there is a break in the brown cable burried in the small loom. So hopefully that's it sorted, fingers crossed

#23 10 years ago

Been busy last couple days finished rebuilding all coils and mini pf. Hopefully fixed my mini kicker. Made new coil wrappers because mine when abit shitty when cleaned the brown ones went white.

// Error: Image 97358 not found //

Replaced one of the slingshot plungers it was abit worn and the link had a lot of play.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Gave the inside of the cab a quick spray because it had a couple scrapes because one of them tube tubular nuts that hold the pf brackets hasn't been attached all the time it's been here. Replaced the leg bolt plates half of them were stripped and all had nuts welded on (think one of its owners owned a welder I've found a few welded parts). Also replaced the 2 wood strips from the back they were all chewed. Just need to find some of them plastic discs to put on them if anyone knows where to get em.
I noticed something odd I think at some stage someone has attempted a re decal of the back box. The battered side the decal is thin like on the cab and poorly touched up. The good side is really thick as if it has the backing on still but hasn't.

image.jpgimage.jpg
Battered side

image.jpgimage.jpg
Better side (thick)

Started on the pf given it a foam and a novus 2. Under all the filth she's in good nick got a lovely shine before I've even waxed it. Can you use novus 3 on the pf? There's a ball track I can't shift.

image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg

Should I keep these 2 mylars?

#24 10 years ago

The Mylar pic wouldn't go in the last reply

image.jpgimage.jpg

1 week later
#27 10 years ago

Just been repopulating the pf any idea where this bit goes? Been scratching my head for half an hour can't even see it in my pics

image.jpgimage.jpg

#33 10 years ago

Cheers guys, I've finished for the night now got all the stainless, posts, rubbers and LEDs on. I need a few fittings I can't find online if anyone has any knocking about (I'd be happy to pay). I need one off the machine screws that holds the metal and plastic return guid think they are 1/4" 50 mm long and a matching t-nut and one of the plastic spacer things. Another thing I've been searching sites across the world for is the right side tubular button fixtures that hold the gun grip on. I can't find the original ones online anywhere so I tried one from a diff gun (dirty Harry I think) part num ends in 47 but that's to short. There's a longer one part num ends in 46 but I can't find that anywhere either. If anyone can help I'd be very greatfu

Rudi

#36 10 years ago

Yeah that's the original part num

#37 10 years ago

Going abit slow here at the mo while I wait for parts. Cleaned the underside and inserts. Started repopulating the underside as far as I can (can't put the taller stuff on else I can't flip it safely).
image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg
I remembered seeing a connector that needed re crimping because I could see wire strands poking out the top. Well they were worse than I thought and quite a lazy hack IMO.
image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg
Half half arsed crimped and half soldered.

Also re decaled the diverters
image.jpgimage.jpg
Before and after

#38 10 years ago

The last couple nights Ive been working on my first mod.
So.... She arrived with a very poor quality scanned and applied decal.

image.jpgimage.jpg

It had to go.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Ive been trying to find this stuff for ages. I didn't want the crappy paper stuff or the rubbish over priced decal I wanted realistic, textured and 3d. I eventually found it on a uk site called my tiny world called handmade brick cladding its £12.99 a sheet 23 x 13".

After being glued and trimmed up.

image.jpgimage.jpg

The finished product im quite chuffed with it.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Also installed all the insert led's while the pf was still flipped already found a couple mistakes in the coin taker kit short 1 yellow 44 and 3 red 555 so far. Ill be on to marcos once ive fitted them all and turned it on to check they all work. Which leds is it that only work one way? Now just got to wait for my last few parts crank arms, plastics, ramp flaps. Got my waterslide paper today so hopefully ill finish the sanctum tomoz pics to follow

#40 10 years ago

Just finished my sanctum repair, bit annoyed the grey turned out a lil paler but its 100% better than it was. This is what I did
image.jpgimage.jpg
This is what it was like under the worn out overlay. Someone had attempted to use a dark grey filler dunno what it was but it was rock hard took me an age to get it level. Even that had a couple holes in which you can see I hit with a little filler to start with.
image.jpgimage.jpg
Next fill and sand.
image.jpgimage.jpg
A white base coat and filled any blemishes.
image.jpgimage.jpg
Hit it with some grey making sure when I masked the area I masked off a fraction of the outline so id have a guide to lay down my custom made waterslide. Followed by a light clear to lay the waterslide transfer on.
image.jpgimage.jpg
Heres my clear waterslide transfer all ready to go.
image.jpgimage.jpg
Transfer layed down and a quick blast of clear to seal. I will be mylaring it to once cured. for some reason the flash makes it look an even worse match. As you can see from the phone pic its a pretty much exact match to the rear loop.

#42 10 years ago

thanks kc

well its all repopulated minus plastics (which should be here tomoz), ramps and wireforms which are gonna be recrombed.
The good news it works as does the mini kicker yay. The bad news is the rings and ring flashers didn't just need new bulbs they still don't work so im still scratching my head. And now the sanctum optos arnt working which I also have no idea how to sort. Still getting the 2 switch errors even tho ive replaced em so now im stuck

#45 10 years ago

before I stripped it down I didn't realise that

#47 10 years ago

I made it well I got a mate to photoshop it oh and laser inkjet would prob bleed

4 weeks later
#48 10 years ago

Well shes now 90% working got all the lights and flashers working and all the optos. Like everything pinball fix one thing and something else screws up. Now the magnet don't work or the small coil that knocks the mini drop down down. Did abit of investigating tonight I thought the small coil on the single dropdown and the magnet are prob on the same connectors which they are (j907 and j902) on the fliptronic board then I checked the fuses on there. And fuse f904 had indeed blown. So I thought yay pop a fuse in and that's fixed. So I fire her up go into tests and the single drop down drops and the magnet activates. Then I go in to magnet test the wall drops the magnet buzzes briefly the says er wall target bad and the fuse has blown again. Anyone have any idea what I need to be checking?

last 2 probs are minor I think..... Balls seem to get held up in the lock wich I think its getting stuck on the wire from one of micro switches so should be able to bend it back. The last prob is odd the popper that fires the ball up onto the battlefield sometimes stays up so when the ball rolls onto it it doesn't drop and activate the switch so not sure how to fix that :s

Rudi

#51 10 years ago

Well did some further investigation ive got continuity at all corresponding connectors so I assume that rules out a break. I don't think its a transistor because when you put a new fuse in the mini drop target (the yellow one) will drop in test mode) and the magnet works. Then if you put it on the magnet test it grabs the ball and lobs it. If you try it again it trys grabbing then blows the fuse and says er battle field bad. Where do I go from here? Stuck once again :0(

#52 10 years ago

Well did some further investigation ive got continuity at all corresponding connectors so I assume that rules out a break. I don't think its a transistor because when you put a new fuse in the mini drop target (the yellow one) will drop in test mode) and the magnet works. Then if you put it on the magnet test it grabs the ball and lobs it. If you try it again it trys grabbing then blows the fuse and says er battle field bad. Where do I go from here? Stuck once again :0(

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RudeDogg1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shadow-shop-log?tu=RudeDogg1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.