(Topic ID: 307871)

Shadow Sanctum Wall Target Routinely Cracking at Bottom of Target

By jedimastermatt

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Greetings - I need some help with my Shadow’s Sanctum wall drop target plastic. I’m having increasingly frequent cracks at the bottom of the drop target. This causes the lifter arm to then wedge the broken target around the post keeping it in line.

I had this happen once a couple of years ago and it’s now happened 3 times in very limited play.

I believe the issue is that the arm is lifting it and it doesn’t have any play between the actuation and the contact with the post. Looking at the diagram in the manual and going from my memory of the last time I had the assembly out of the game, I don’t recall a way to adjust the upwards throw of the actuation. Just the resting height of the target when it’s down.

Any ideas on what the cause is and how to remedy it?

The Sanctum is otherwise reliable and working fine. The assembly doesn’t seem like it has excessive slop in it.

#2 2 years ago

Oops I responded in the owners club thread but see you have a bit more info here

When you say it's happened 3 times, do you mean getting wedged or you've replaced the target 3 times? If the bottom of the target is damaged then I could imagine there's a fair chance of it regularly getting jammed in the switch guide area.

Have you checked if the coil stop is worn, as this would extend the range of the plunger and lever causing it to crush the target if the target can't go any higher?

#3 2 years ago

I’ve replaced the target each time. I haven’t replaced anything else in the assembly. I’ll take a look at the coil stop and see if it’s worn and will replace it when I get it apart along with the sleeve.

2 weeks later
#4 2 years ago

Solved - I think. Short version, I suspect the drop targets that broke were defective/softer than they should be.

Details in the link below.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/187#post-6740212

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shadow-sanctum-wall-target-routinely-cracking-at-bottom-of-target and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.