Shadow sanctum magnet problem

By indypinhead

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

On my Shadow, every now and then, the magnet will hold the ball for a couple of seconds. Then, instead of slinging the ball into the lock, the magnet just lets go of the ball, allowing it to roll down the playfield.

Has anyone had this problem?

What is the fix?

Thanks again for any help....

#2 11 years ago

thats caused by 2 things.. Sanctum Wear or a pin thats not properly setup.

Shadow is very finicky.. Jack the legs up in the back to give it more slope. That causes the ball to properly roll backwards when the magnet releases it to it trips the opto to throw the ball into the sanctum lock.

If your sanctum is worn the ball doesnt roll freely backwards into the opto causing it to not re-engage the magnet for throw.

So Make sure your sanctum has no roll effecting wear and jack up the rear legs increasing the slope.

#3 11 years ago

Also check the switch at the bottom of the brick drop target. If this isn't functioning correctly it will drop the ball.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from TheRave:

Also check the switch at the bottom of the brick drop target. If this isn't functioning correctly it will drop the ball.

This is very important, if the game doesnt think the wall target is down, it wont send the ball into the lock. Check that switch and check your optos also. Everything has to work together or the game goes haywire.

#5 11 years ago

My wall dose not seem to want go down and my coin door switches won't work

#6 11 years ago

If the wall doesn't go down, the lock wont work. Get the wall assembly out, clean it up and check if it works correctly.
Coin door switches can be because of the white switch beside the coindoor (inside cabinet). Maybe this switch isn't working correctly, try if you can pull it. If you can pull it than the coindoorswitches should work again

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from ttam23:

My wall dose not seem to want go down and my coin door switches won't work

Is the wall retract spring in place?

Is the small solenoid for the wall drop pin functioning?

2 years later
#8 9 years ago
Quoted from cards25:

This is very important, if the game doesnt think the wall target is down, it wont send the ball into the lock. Check that switch and check your optos also. Everything has to work together or the game goes haywire.

which optos? im having problem OP mentioned. i just took out my brick drop target assy out recently and cleaned up and now im getting this problem so maybe i bent the switch? but which optos need to be checked? flipper optos? battlefield optos? im guessing not? are there more? oh wait...is there an opto infront of the brick target?

#9 9 years ago

Yes, opto in front of brick wall.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from woz:

Yes, opto in front of brick wall.

ok cool thought so. so im pretty sure my brick drop switch is working fine. so maybe a finicky opto is causing the ball to drop occasionally rather than shooting up to the lock?

#11 9 years ago

ok i checked my opto in switch test and cleaned them and they work just fine.

also checked and tested the switch at the bottom of the wall drop target assy and it seemed to be working perfectly

but still the magnet drops the ball occasionally

any ideas?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shadow-sanctum-magnet-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.