Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by ksmmspt
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I was having a great game on The Shadow tonight. I started playing the Final Battle and I noticed the Battlefield paddle got stuck all the way to the left. Then my flippers went dead along with the DMD followed by the balls being auto launched until the 30 sec timer expired. When the next ball was sent to the launcher, the trough continued to send every ball into the shooter lane. I powered it off and had to leave it for later. I suspect I may have a wiring issue under the Battlefield as I went through about 3 rounds of the Battlefield during this game and have had issues here in the past. Guessing something was shorted out blowing a fuse or more. Any suggestions on what has blown?

#2 3 years ago

If no blown fuses.
Could be as simple as a stuck switch somewhere around the battlefield.

#3 3 years ago

All are related to the 12Volt-unregulated.
F116 upperleft on the powerdriverboard is the fuse to check.

#4 3 years ago

Thanks. Will check things out and report back

3 months later
#5 2 years ago

Hello everyone,
Just wanted to report back after I finally slowed down to check the Shadow. Fuse F116 was blown. I did a search on pinside and noticed a post about using colordmd piggy-backing on the J116 connector on an IJ. The fuse also blew on that game as well. I moved the colordmd connector to J118 since the J116 connector controls the Battlefield motor. I'm guessing the strain was too much on the circuit during my crazy extended game. I activated the Battlefield over 6 times including the Final Battle mode which blew the fuse. Everything seems to be working fine since I moved the colordmd connector to J118. Thanks for everyones help!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 13.00
Playfields
Lermods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside