Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-447.jpg
image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Checking out a minty Shadow for $3200. Looks new. 9+ all the way around. Seem like a fair price?

#2 10 years ago

Easily.

#3 10 years ago

Really FN hard to find someone that wants to sell theirs, let alone one in decent shape. I put out wanted ads for about 2 months and never got a single reply before buying one on Ebay. I know they used to be in the lower to mid twos about a year ago, but now it seems closer to 3 is about right? I just see it going up from there, everyone seems to want one, especially now that Aurich made that bitc*in translight

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Prosedsp:

Checking out a minty Shadow for $3200. Looks new. 9+ all the way around. Seem like a fair price?

Yes. In today's market, that's a fair price for a Shadow in the condition you describe. Like Galdaien already pointed out, it's really hard to find nice ones. I searched for nearly a year before I found mine, and I consider myself very lucky.

#5 10 years ago

Love mine. Never selling. Never seen one FS too close to me.

#6 10 years ago

I broke my rule about shipping to get mine, I just couldn't get anyone local to part with theirs.

I paid $2800 at the time, but with shipping it was basically $3200. I regretted paying that much not at all!

Oh, and thanks Galdaien.

#7 10 years ago

I've got one that will be coming up for sale soon and the price will be higher than $3200 so I would say go for it if it is nice.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Galdaien:

... everyone seems to want one, especially now that Aurich made that bitc*in translight

No joke. The main complaint that people have about the game is the translite. Now that there is a highly appealing alternative, I think it will absolutely cause the game to trend upward in price.

#9 10 years ago

Minty Shadow at $3200 is more than fair for a game that is becoming increasing difficult to find in any condition. A great game that will kick your a$$ on a regular basis. Be sure to check out the mods and color schemes on the Shadow Club thread.

#10 10 years ago

Awesome, thanks for everyone's input! I will let you know how it turns out, and if I do get it you can bet I will be hitting Aurich up for his sweet translite!

#11 10 years ago

I think the availability of parts and plastics now has helped them increase their value.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Prosedsp:

Awesome, thanks for everyone's input! I will let you know how it turns out, and if I do get it you can bet I will be hitting Aurich up for his sweet translite!

Good luck! FYI I only have maybe 3 slots left on this next run. I can do another one, but I'll need to wait until I get 10 people, that's the minimum print run. Anyways, no pressure or anything, just wanted to let you know that if you want it that's the deal.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I broke my rule about shipping to get mine, I just couldn't get anyone local to part with theirs.

Hear ya there - impossible to pry it from the claws of anyone that is beyond the stage of "pin-newb" and learns what really makes a great pinball. I sold my first one awhile back (pin-newb) and regretted it more and more as I played all kinds of different games, eventually discovering that no game was like it. Went on the lookout for another one in good shape, found it (paying much more than I originally paid the first time around, without any remorse), and have no plans of letting it leave my dungeon.

#14 10 years ago

number ratings are subjective but if it needs nothing, grab it.
that means all shadow rings lights work, all diverters on ramps work properly. battlefield targets and kicker work STRONG as they should. sanctum magnet works.
no issues anywhere.

#15 10 years ago

In UK a nice Shadow will struggle to make £1000 on Ebay. Seems like people don't value such a fantastic game. Great value for money considering TAF and TZ go for easily £2k+

#16 10 years ago

I just sold a super nice Shadow for $3000 ,took a while on S Florida craigslist. It seems to be a loved pin up north not down here. I wanted one real bad, then found out it really was not that great of a pin at least from my judgement.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Galdaien:

...impossible to pry it from the claws of anyone that is beyond the stage of "pin-newb" and learns what really makes a great pinball. I sold my first one awhile back (pin-newb) and regretted it more and more as I played all kinds of different games, eventually discovering that no game was like it.

Quoted for truth.

#18 10 years ago

I passed on a super nice one for $1450 3-4 years ago. Dumb!

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I passed on a super nice one for $1450 3-4 years ago. Dumb!

Prepare to get 423462354 PM's about people asking for the contact info for that deal.

Edit: I thought you said weeks... Im a fool, sorry.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

No joke. The main complaint that people have about the game is the translite. Now that there is a highly appealing alternative, I think it will absolutely cause the game to trend upward in price.

Yeah..so.....THANKS FOR RUINING IT FOR THE REST OF US!

#21 10 years ago

Go for it as TS is a fanstastic game. The modes, multiballs, toys, etc...even the original translite isn't horrible (put a fake mustache on Baldwin). I would take the advice of silver_spinner as those are items you'll want to check thoroughly. Much like BSD, I can't see TS leaving the stable unless I'm replacing it with a better one...which ain't easy.

#22 10 years ago

Just confirmed with the seller that I will be picking it up next weekend! Pretty stoked! Thanks for everyones input, I really appreciate it. Next step: email Aurich about getting the translite!

Thanks!

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Prosedsp:

Just confirmed with the seller that I will be picking it up next weekend! Pretty stoked! Thanks for everyones input, I really appreciate it. Next step: email Aurich about getting the translite!
Thanks!

Grats man! Unfortunately, I have to wait until Dec. 6th to get mine in the house =( But a local pinhead has one that I can get my fix on until my girl comes in to be mine again and forever so she can endlessly abuse and frustrate me.

Tupac said it best: "Swear I can't live witchu but withouchu every day I miss you... I'll never call u bitc* again and that's my word."

#24 10 years ago

Sweet pin!

image-447.jpgimage-447.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shadow-price-check-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.