Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by TheRave
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I bought this and watched it a year ago and recently watched it again.

Not the greatest plot or blockbuster. BUT they spent a ton on the movie and the scenery and setting is awesome.

Best to watch after you have pkayed the game for a while. All the scenes and sounds will make sense once you watch the movie.

Too bad the script could not have been better. It would have been a better movie for all the cash the dumped into it.

But like I said its enjoyable for owners of the Game.

#2 11 years ago

I recently watched it again too. It's best to watch it while doing something else as background noise.

#3 11 years ago

I watched it again recently, and I remembered it being much better. Cheesy is the word that comes to mind. I get that they intended to make it pretty hammy, but I couldn't get halfway through it.

I was actually considering buying a TS a couple months ago, and rewatching the movie helped me decide to pass. That and the fact that the seller was a jerk.

#4 11 years ago

The movie isn't THAT bad, look at JM, Barb Wire and Waterworld.

#5 11 years ago

No doubt the movie is bad that is why its cool to own a shadow then watch it.

Sometimes I like movies for the scenerey. The 1930's NY looks cool and the car.
So props for the stage and clothes. Thumbs down no doubt for the plot and acting.

#6 11 years ago

The movie is an abomination. Why the Shadow's evil laugh? Why the anthropomorphic knife? Why are they (or just Khan?) Asian? Who greenlit this movie?

The pin is great, though.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

The movie isn't THAT bad, look at JM, Barb Wire and Waterworld.

waterworld is as underated as the pin....................wait....ya I said it

#8 11 years ago

ya know that movie is not that bad............. but the pin is incredible! I love mine

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Why The Shadow's evil laugh?

Because he was a cruel dispencer of justice.

http://www.radiohorrorhosts.com/shadow.html

#10 11 years ago

The movie had some what the...? moments. The face peeling scene for example. I think what downgrades the movie is that it did have potential. It just wasn't as good as it could have been.

Modern superhero meets art deco pulp. Just seemed off.

There are still worse movies out there. Hated JM.

#11 11 years ago

I have played a ton of shadow and it was just neat to hear Tam on the bridge and the thugs. The same sounds from the game. Bally tied in the movie nice.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Slate:

Best to watch after you have pkayed the game for a while. All the scenes and sounds will make sense once you watch the movie.

My wife started to enjoy Tron a lot more after she watched the film with me.

My oldest girl got a huge kick out of watching the LOTR films with me. Every time she heard a line in that movie that was used in the pin she would point it out.

#13 11 years ago

Wish Netflix had this, no way I'd pay for it. But I do want to see it so I understand the pinball machine more. If I can suffer through 2 hours of Bram Stokers Dracula, I can painfully sit through this one... right?

#14 11 years ago

I spoke too soon... Just checked netflix streaming, and The Shadow is available to watch instantly!!

Now when do I have the time to kill 2 hours that I don't care about? hmmm. lol.

#15 11 years ago

My brother loves Shadow thats all he plays but never watched the movie. I ask him if he knew what the graphic of the 3 eggs when you get Kahn Multiball.

And the Phurbas? "A Clouded My sees nothing", etc.

Has to be one of the best games for the sayings. All from the movie.

5 months later
#16 11 years ago

I realize this is an old thread, but finally watched The Shadow after owning the game for 1.5 years. Seems like most of the quotes from the game take place within 15 minutes of start of the movie. Cool to now know what some of the quotes mean including how "The Sun is Shining...but the ice is slippery" is how the Shadow communicated with recruits and agents.
Not a great movie but glad to have watched it since it now helps me understand the move tie ins. Got a Ripley's recently and am discovering the RBION books and some of the old videos are cool. Loved it when the bomb was rolling across the house, that was funny.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I spoke too soon... Just checked netflix streaming, and The Shadow is available to watch instantly!!
Now when do I have the time to kill 2 hours that I don't care about? hmmm. lol.

I disagree with the BSD movie opinion I thought the movie
was pretty good.Fast forward to the part where Winona is running
down the stairs, in the rain with the sheer nightie on.Her boobs
were always very elusive.Seriously the movie is good and the pin
makes more sense after watching it.

#18 11 years ago

I just watched it last night on itunes, after picking up the game a few weeks ago. I like knowing all the movie tie ins as awful as it may have been.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shadow-owners-watch-the-movie-the-shadow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.