Topic poll

“Shadow or Johnny Mnemonic”

• Shadow 40 votes
    68%
  • Johnny Mnemonic 19 votes
    32%

(59 votes)

#1 6 years ago

Which one would you choose and why? I can't decide.

#2 6 years ago

The Shadow by a million miles.

The game is absolutely briiliant.

#3 6 years ago

Shadow for sure. Johnny's a cool game though. Friend of mine has both, so it's easy to compare, JM just doesn't have the magic Shadow does, and the glove vs the Battlefield is a no comparison slam dunk. If they're anywhere close in terms of price and condition the Shadow all day long.

#4 6 years ago

That is a really tough call. A few months ago I never even would have considered JM, but after playing it I kind of fell for it. I love the Shadow as well. It is pretty much a coin flip for me. The Shadow does have the added benefit of having Aurich's amazing translite and speaker panel available for it.

#5 6 years ago

personally I dont feel there is a question.. shadow hands down.. no lame sounds shadow has art replacement packages.. shadow has a real upper playfield.

JM is fun but a snore game IMO jonny snore-monic is what I call it.. play it for 10min and you can be set for life.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

The Shadow by a million miles.
The game is absolutely briiliant.

FTW.

Cheers,
Duane

#7 6 years ago

Nappy-time glove is mega lame.

#8 6 years ago

I have both side by side. The shadow is deeper and i believe has longer lasting ability in a collection ( I have owned mine for about 14 years). JM is fast and a lot of fun. If they are the same or similar in price go for the shadow.

#9 6 years ago

JM over Shadow. I owned both and Shadow is long gone.

#10 6 years ago

I own both. Tough decision........

#11 6 years ago

Buy both...that's the only solution...they're both great games and both have lastability in a collection!!!

#12 6 years ago

I am so glad i own both and dont have to make this decision but if i had to choose one i would say shadow.

#13 6 years ago

Shadow by a landslide

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

The Shadow does have the added benefit of having Aurich's amazing translite and speaker panel available for it.

Machines with my translite will be 10k by Christmas, it's true.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Machines with my translite will be 10k by Christmas, it's true

Perfect! Maybe I can trade mine for a MM?

#16 6 years ago

The shadow knows!! Ask him

#17 6 years ago

I own a JM, but would happily trade it for a Shadow (would probably add cash since Shadow sells for more money). JM is a great game, but the rules, diverters, upper playfield, and multiball of Shadow made it better. Also, I will probably never buy an AFM or MM, so getting a game made by the same guy is probably the closest I will get.

#18 6 years ago

I own both JM beats the crap out of The Shadow.....I have no idea what you guys are talking about?

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I own both JM beats the crap out of The Shadow.....I have no idea what you guys are talking about?

I can't believe I signed your translite.

#20 6 years ago

Hey Aurlich, Lol were still buds from another state right? I still like my shadow very much, I just like JM more...

PS: can't wait till to get your translite and bling it out with LEDs...thx man!

#21 6 years ago

Do not listen to the one beats the crap out of the other stuff. These two pins left my collection long after AFM or MM or AF etc. If you can make a deal then buy both, if you don't have a chance to play them first then its tough because they are close in quality and fun factor. JM wins for me only in depth, much more to do but The Shadow is better in terms of sound's and quick fun. Boy I'm glad I don't have to decide. Good Luck

#22 6 years ago

I own both and play both more than my TZ and SS. For me, Shadow has the must play one more game factor but you can't go wrong with either one.

#23 6 years ago

kvan knows what he is talking about.

#24 6 years ago

Its one of the easiest decicions ever ! Shadow all the way ....

#25 6 years ago

Shadow.

Both are great, and while Johnny is much cheaper, just on quality alone, The Shadow is where it's at.

#26 6 years ago

Like them both. I wouldn't trade my Johnny for a Shadow, but they're both great games.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 47.00
4,500 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Mt Vernon, IL

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside