Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Trident
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

On my Shadow when the ball is getting ready to be kicked up into the mini playfield the drop targets click for or five times before it is kicked up. Even though all the targets are already up it acts like it thinks they are down. This also happens when the ball leaves the mini playfield. anybody know whats causing this?

#2 6 years ago

I'm not sure, but it sounds like it could be an opto issue. Each of the targets has an opto switch that triggers when they are down. Check the connection from the target opto board.

#3 6 years ago

Hey Garry, I'd check the 4 optos on your drop target assembly. Go into switch test and see if it's registering a closed switch at one of those positions. If so, the CPU is reading the drop target is still down via the switch matrix, even though the actual target is up. Most Williams CPUs will only give about 5 pulses to correct something before stopping. So, it's trying to correct the switch error it supposedly sees and just giving up after the 5 tries.

Potential solution could include reseating the J1 connector that feeds the opto board and visually check if any wires are loose or missing from it, or you've got a misaligned or faulty opto on the board.

#4 6 years ago

just want owners opinions on this machine. never played, about to pull the "pin" and pick it up 3kish great shape, have 10 of top 20 Worth it? cheers

#5 6 years ago

Not to derail this tech thread. 3K is probably the limit (super nice condition) on this pin right now. Although you Canadians seem to have inflated prices. One of the most challenging games I've ever played. If you're a player this is a keeper.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

just want owners opinions on this machine. never played, about to pull the "pin" and pick it up 3kish great shape, have 10 of top 20 Worth it? cheers

Buy it. You wont regret it. I'll never sell mine.

#7 6 years ago

your right about Canadian prices, supply and demand. Ship to US and bring over boarder myself. thanks for advice, sorry to derail tech thread.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Shadow is great, lots of fun, and challenging, definitely not an easy game. I honestly think it would be rated much higher if it wasn't for the irrational Alec Baldwin translite hate; the playfield's art deco artwork is great, the sound and music are really well done, the play is fast and furious and the phurba diverters bring a nice level of strategy into how you move the ball around the field. Plus the Sanctum magnet ball lock is one of my favorite locks in all of pinball, it's just a nice effect.

#9 6 years ago

Thanks guys ill check these things when I get home from work. Once the ball gets kicked up there the drop targets work fine its just before an after.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 50.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside