(Topic ID: 28168)

Shadow - I need help with a diverter not working only to the left.

By boostedskex

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by castlesteve
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hi guys. The left diverter will not move left. In test mode it will go to the right but not left. I have made sure that the set screw is tight and I replaced the coil sleeves on both sides. I played it last night and it was working fine. My son was playing it this morning and told me it wasnt working when he tried to switch the diverter. Can anyone help?

Thanks
Alex

#2 7 years ago

The diverter uses two coils. One to move it left and one to move it right. CHeck the coils in solenoid test to confirm the non-working coil. Check coil for overheating, make sure sleeve is not melted and mechanism moves freely. Check for broken wiring and/or short. If coil overheating and no short then check board connectors for evidence of overheating. Could also be blown fuse or bad transistor.

#3 7 years ago

Often the flip flop bar that connects the coil is worn like a sloppy ho. Marco sells the part and you have to pop the crush pin and replace. It makes all the difference. You'll need them for both diverters

This machine is well known for beating itself up and not a real graceful design

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 59.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside