Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by johnwartjr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hello all, I have a Shadow who's display went out. I measured the voltages at the connector on the display and they weren't correct so I ordered a HV rebuild kit from Great Plains and just installed it. The voltages are still wrong and haven't changed from where they were before I rebuilt it. Don't read that wrong, not a slam on them at all, great kit at a great price!

The voltages are:
-125 is -115
-113 is -93
+5 is good
+12 is good
+62 is +4 with the display connected or 0 with the display disconnected

Plugging in or unplugging the display made no difference to the other voltages.

I read somewhere that the -125 and -113 can be different but they have to be 12 volts apart, mine is 22 and didn't change when it was rebuilt.

Any idea what I can look at or what it might be? Oh and what should I look at for the 62 volts also?

Thanks in advance!

#2 8 years ago

Have you swapped the display into another machine to make sure the display works?
Have you checked the DMD controller?

#3 8 years ago

I haven't done that as I don't have another one in the shop to trade it with. But if the voltages aren't correct with the display disconnected it shouldn't matter should it?

#6 8 years ago

Someone has an idea, I know they do!

2 weeks later
#7 8 years ago

I finally got another machine to check the display in and it works fine. Kicks right on and is nice and bright so I assume it's somewhere in the power supply board somewhere but I'm not sure where. I've replaced everything included in the rebuild kit. Any ideas?

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeUpkeep:

I've replaced everything included in the rebuild kit. Any ideas?

New part you put in defective. Or board has some issues. Through or a cross board continuity, bad solder joints.

LTG : )

#9 8 years ago

There's a trace in the +62 circuit, runs beneath R9, comes from one of the legs of BR1. It often gets broken from the heat of R9. If it breaks, you will have no +62

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside