• Find something more stop-and-go 1 vote
    8%
  • Get a newer game with from a different company 5 votes
    42%
  • Older game with a different system 3 votes
    25%

(12 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 10 years ago

I’ve got a fever and the only prescription is more pinball.

I love the games I have now as they’re both very challenging and offer something different than the other, but I’m not sure which machine(s) may be a solid candidate for #3. Ideally, it would be a game that somehow complemented the other 2 and brought a little something different into the game room. Any feedback/recommendations would be welcome.

-e

#3 10 years ago

I'd go different. Like a newer Stern game. They feel so different that they are actually a nice change of pace. A section of my living room goes Demo Man, BSD, Tron, and they compliment each other well because they are very different games.

#4 10 years ago

Picking from the pins on your wish list I would go TAF.

#5 10 years ago

I'm with DaveH, switching up years and manufacturers is the way to go. I now have a System 11, a WPC, a WPC 95, and a SAM, it keeps the games feeling different. WPC/WPC 95 maybe not so much just from a system architecture standpoint, but Shadow to Scared Stiff is pretty different.

#6 10 years ago

Taxi, its on your wish list, is awesome, and totally different than shadow or BSD.

#7 10 years ago

You know, a Congo would complete the trio for top 3 Dmd games under $3k. That's your best bet if your budget is under $3k. If up to $4k STTNG. If up to $5k LOTR or Tron.

#8 10 years ago

I think a good place to start is with a budget

#9 10 years ago

There was a great example of a wpt on Minneapolis Craigslist last week for about an 2k. It would be on its way right now to MI if didn't buy my shadow this week. Fast shooters game with 16 drop targets I believe

#10 10 years ago

BSD is meant to be with any SS & MB & EATPM & TFTC & CFTBL and all the other "scary & monster" pins
Even Class of 1812..Frankenstein..Dracula. (would be a nice theme room) Worked for me..

#11 10 years ago

Stay with the movie theme, like T2 or CFTBL.

#12 10 years ago

If you like those two, you'll love Dredd. It is every bit as fast as bsd and ts and just as hard.

#13 10 years ago

I had BSD, shadow, funhouse. Loved it

#14 10 years ago

Something with a bit of stop and go if you want different.

#15 10 years ago

Luci. You know you want to.

#16 10 years ago

Star Trek tng or stern Star Trek

#17 10 years ago

I like the dueling ideas of mixing it up between manufacturers/systems or finding another game in the (~bad) movie genre. Really appreciate the suggestions so far!

As for budget, I'd say I'm probably in that 2-3k range (unless my girlfriend somehow reads this and if that happens then there is no game budget and someone hijacked my profile while I was out ring shopping).

#18 10 years ago

Poll added

#19 10 years ago

You may want to look at RBION. It's a deeper game, has good flow and can be had for around 3k.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You may want to look at RBION. It's a deeper game, has good flow and can be had for around 3k.

Definitely intrigued by some of the more stop-and-go games with deeper rules. All 3 games seem like good choices.

#22 10 years ago

Dont rule out junkyard. It is a very fun game!

#23 10 years ago

DESW Star Wars (new code) or DE Jurassic Park with new code coming soon.

#24 10 years ago

If I were you I might wait and bit and see if you can score a Scared Stiff. I have a Shadow, DH, Tron pro, and MB. If it were possible, I would say add the MB. The key is a little variety. You have 2 great shooter games already. In my opinion, 2 of the best shooter games. MB is a lot easier, but very fun to play. People seem to gravitate toward it who don't play a lot and seem to enjoy it. Adding a newer title like LOTR or Tron is a great idea as well. Whichever way you go, part of the fun is figuring out your dream lineup.

#25 10 years ago

He said his budget was 2-3k.

#26 10 years ago

Why not make it four?
BSD, TS, DW, and Congo.
The best bang for your buck pins out there.

#27 10 years ago

Congo would definitely make it the trilogy of great pins from not so great movies. I could totally see doing translites for those other two, I would love to see a photo of all three in a row like that!

#28 10 years ago

WPT, for sure. More flow, deeper and more integrated rules, tons of drop targets. And well within your budget! Solid game that adds variety to your collection/

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Why not make it four?
BSD, TS, DW, and Congo.
The best bang for your buck pins out there.

I had DW for 10 years, pretty boring game. I was the only one who played it, rest of family hated it. RBION so much better.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from sinnisterjsb:

If I were you I might wait and bit and see if you can score a Scared Stiff. I have a Shadow, DH, Tron pro, and MB. If it were possible, I would say add the MB. The key is a little variety. You have 2 great shooter games already. In my opinion, 2 of the best shooter games. MB is a lot easier, but very fun to play. People seem to gravitate toward it who don't play a lot and seem to enjoy it. Adding a newer title like LOTR or Tron is a great idea as well. Whichever way you go, part of the fun is figuring out your dream lineup.

Would love SS or MB, but then I look at my wallet and reality's cold embrace welcomes me back. Sigh.

Quoted from Aurich:

Congo would definitely make it the trilogy of great pins from not so great movies. I could totally see doing translites for those other two, I would love to see a photo of all three in a row like that!

Congo is definitely in the running, so if that ends up happening I'll post a pic.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

WPT, for sure. More flow, deeper and more integrated rules, tons of drop targets. And well within your budget! Solid game that adds variety to your collection/

I completely agree with this. Roughly same price range and you get a newer, flashier pin that is a lot of fun. After my brother takes back his Met my collection will be JD, WPT, and I'll be in the market for a BSD for my trio of machines.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 27.95
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
£ 37.00
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 26.50
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts
Protection

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shadow-bsd-and-_-makes-3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.