Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PoMC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Trying to help a friend troubleshoot his Shadow before I head up there. As I understand it, The Battlefield left/right motor works fine in the T16 Mini Battlefield test, but the flippers switches do not actuate the motor left or right in game play. Both opto boards were swapped out with no change (not surprising to me as this should have caused it to malfunction in test as well).

I'm stumped. Unless the setting 31 is set to disabled (which shouldn't allow the ball to get up there to begin with), I'm trying to think of a scenario in which the CPU control of the left/right movement of the kicker would work, but neither flipper button would work in game play.

Any ideas?

#2 5 years ago

I can’t help, but post the question in the shadow owners thread. Hopefully someone can help find a quick solution.

#3 5 years ago

I just tested on my Shadow. With the Battlefield off (setting 31). the flippers do not move the battlefield paddle. The battlefield drop target still gets knocked down by the ball and then will pop back up. So it is possible for a ball to sneak past the drop target before it resets and the ball gets ejected to the battlefield.

What may be happening is an issue with the drop target switch in conjunction with Setting 31 turned off. The drop target might always be down if the switch is out of adjustment, allowing the ball to always reach the disabled battlefield. See if the game properly resets the drop target when powering on and if the target remains up.

If the battlefield is not disabled, then it could be the drop target not working and allowing the ball to reach the battlefield when the battlefield is not lit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shadow-battlefield-motor-works-in-test-but-not-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.