You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170210_075746 (resized).jpg
center (resized).jpg
right (resized).jpg
IMG_9513 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Scott2dot0.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hi guys and gals, newbie here. I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction. When the ball is in the mini-PF, the kicker rarely fires and the ball will just lean against it. I tested the optos and when in test mode and their field is broken, it beeps and I also did a solenoid test on the kicker and it fires just fine in test mode. I'm at a loss. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I have an on-going kicker problem with my shadow as well.. opposite issue however. Does the game make the kicker sound when you are playing and the ball breaks the beam? If it makes the sound - optos are still functioning ok. Try lifting up the mini pf and checking that the wiring is secure to the kicker solenoid. Intermittent issues can be caused by bad solder joints, or wires poorly soldered to lugs. Post this question in the shadow club as well if you have not already.

I didn't even realize there was a Shadow club thread so I will do that, thanks! The kicker makes no noise itself but the audio does make a sound when the beam is broken. That's why I'm stumped. The kicker functions fine in test mode, but when in play, it seems dead.

#8 7 years ago

Thanks guys. It behaves the same way with the glass off. I put it back in switch test and quickly ran a ball from back to front in various points and it beeped every time. The optos seem to be picking up the ball just fine. Perhaps that means it's the kicker itself. I've traced the wires and don't see anything obvious. I guess I need to look a bit closer just to make sure.

#10 7 years ago

Well I feel like a real idiot. I dug into it and sure enough one of the wires on the kicker was broken. I spliced it back together but in my haste, forgot to take a better look at how it looked before disassembing it. Now, as I put the kicker assembly back together, I can't seem to get it to align properly to where the kicker moves in and out smoothly. If anyone could take a pic of the underside of their battlefield I'd be forever grateful. Here's how mine looks now. I don't think I have the metal sleeve and cardboard piece in there right. Anything obviously off?

Thank you!

IMG_9513 (resized).JPGIMG_9513 (resized).JPG

#13 7 years ago

Problem solved. I had the coil upside down. Boy, do I feel like a dunce!

Thanks for all the help in troubleshooting this. Given all the posts about quirky optos on these I thought that was my problem for sure. The broken wire that I found must have been hanging on by a thread, functioning in test mode but almost never working in game play. Anyway, lesson learned and thanks again!

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Found these online

Thanks! Had I not figured it out those would have shown me right away that I was upside down.

As for your question, you can see the whole metal piece in my pic and the card board is the same shape except it extends to under the coil.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 37.50
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Scott2dot0.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shadow-battlefield-kicker-issue?tu=Scott2dot0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.