Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Lermods
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Battle field was working fine, but now it is not recognizing when the ball leaves the battlefield. The kicker is still moving back and forth with the flipper buttons when it leaves the battlefield and periodically kicks

The optos on the playfield in front of the kicker register in test mode and in game play.

I am also getting an error message for the battle kicker opto, but according to the manual this is referring to something different related to the inner sanctum and switch 36.

The optos under the playfield all register with a piece of cardboard. The kicker resets to the center when the game is turned on.

Not sure where to start on this one, game is new to me.

Thanks.

#4 4 years ago

Thanks. So it's not really kicking randomly. The issue is the battlefield remains active when the ball drops to the main playfield until a switch is hit (not the slings, but a playfield switch.) Is this the way it is supposed to work? If I hit the switch on the left loop, for example, the battlefield immediately stops and the kicker resets to the middle, same with an inlane switch.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

My battlefield resets as soon as the ball completely breaks the opto beam. So it resets before a switch is hit on the lower playfield. I went a played a game just to make sure this morning

This is how my game was working.

Quoted from Djshakes:

I misread your post, or misunderstood. My battlefield keeps moving until a switch on lower playfield is hit also. All my shadows have been like that. Code related? The ball sometimes gets hung up under the battlefield and you have to move the kicker side to side to jar it loose and back onto the ramp. So technically it should move until it hits a switch. Your game sounds fine.

Now it’s working like you describe.

#8 4 years ago

Maybe other owners can chime in. Does your battlefield reset when the ball leaves the battlefield or does it not reset until a playfield switch is hit. Also, if you can add your code version. I’m running LX6.

#9 4 years ago

Watching the papa tutorial, once the ball leaves the battlefield, the flipper buttons no longer control the kicker. In my game, the ball exits, but the flippers are still moving the kicker. Seems different to me.

#13 4 years ago

Guess I’m not convinced it’s normal. If you watch the papa video, the kicker moves right and then resets after the ball leaves the mini playfield. The flipper buttons no longer control the kicker almost instantly. Seems like when the music of the battlefield mode stops, the kicker resets, but not sure what triggers the music to stop. I’ve had my kicker go on for several seconds, but seems kind of random as to when it resets after the ball leaves.

Would be nice to be able to see the code history, but I can’t seem to find it.

Also, not sure why the game periodically throws the inner sanctum opto code since it works in game play and test mode. Doubt it’s related, but who knows.

I’ll have access to another shadow tomorrow so will see how that one behaves.

Appreciate everyone’s input.

#15 4 years ago

I lifted my mini playfield today to take a peek. Found two frayed wires so cut and resoldered them and added heat shrink. Two other wires had electrical tape on them after having been soldered so cut them and resoldered adding heat shrink.

It made some difference as the battlefield mode seems to end quicker, but I still had a few times where it was several seconds. When it goes off the back of the playfield hitting the tube switch, it ends immediately. I think the question here is what causes the battlefield mode to end because it seems kind of random.

Anyone know Brian eddy?

#17 4 years ago

Went over to a friends house today and his shadow played very different. The kicker wasn’t erratic and the battlefield mode ends very quickly when ball leaves the pf. Swapped my board into his game and the issues I’ve been having followed to his game. I’ll have to go through my board or order a new one.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from supermoot:

The CPU? Were the ROMs the same version?

No, the 24 sw opto board. Mine has an issue apparently.

#20 4 years ago

From a close source, the battlefield mode ends after a short period where no switch on the battlefield is hit. It’s not crossing the beam on the pf or when a play field switch is hit. My kicker randomly fires sometimes so the game thinks a ball is still on the playfield and that’s why my flippers can still move the kicker even when the balls drops off. My optos all test good, no loose wires so it is a board issue. Ordered a new one and I’ll update when it’s in.

Hope this helps someone else.

#22 4 years ago

Got my new board, issue resolved. Kicker is now more shipping stable. Battlefield mode ends quickly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shadow-battle-field-issue?tu=Lermods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.