• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SAM_2906 (resized).JPG
SAM_2907 (resized).JPG
#1 5 years ago

I am having an issue with my Street Fighter II - when you start a new game, is says (and shows on the display) "Same Player Shoots Again" and no ball gets served into the plunger lane. Any ideas what is causing this? Thanks!

#2 5 years ago

Switch stuck closed somewhere ? Out hole or shooter lane ? Stuck ball somewhere ?

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Switch stuck closed somewhere ? Out hole or shooter lane ? Stuck ball somewhere ?

Thanks Lloyd. I will take a look at it tomorrow. I'm not used to these Premier/Gottlieb machines, so I never say this issue before.

#4 5 years ago

I finally got a chance to look at it a little closer. I removed the apron and played a few games. The switches are fine, however, sometimes when the ball drains, the ball gets kicked over in the trough and bounces off the second ball in the trough and ricochets back. The ball ends up resting on the one way gate (which prevents it from going back into the outhole) and not on the switch. Has anyone else had this? If so, how did you fix this? It's almost like the kicker is too powerful. Thanks

#5 5 years ago

The first picture is how it should be. The second picture shows what is happening which causes the problem.

SAM_2906 (resized).JPGSAM_2906 (resized).JPGSAM_2907 (resized).JPGSAM_2907 (resized).JPG
#6 5 years ago
Quoted from boslj:

The second picture shows what is happening which causes the problem.

Figure out why the ball gets stuck there, fix that. Divot on the grove the ball is over ? Not enough down hill slope where the ball is ? Balls magnetized ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sfii-game-start-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.