(Topic ID: 117388)

SFGE Welcomes Ben Heck / AMH in PAPA tourney!

By joelreeves

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Frax
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

HECK_AMH.jpg

#1 9 years ago

The Southern-Fried Gameroom Expo is proud to have famed internet celebrity and designer of the critically-acclaimed “America’s Most Haunted” pinball machine produced by Spooky Pinball down to our show this June 19-21.

We also found out today that our show will feature TWO AMH machines - one in Free Play and the first to be included in a PAPA Circuit tournament.

We can't do this show without your help, though. Please sign up to share some games with the folks at SFGE. This year EVERY game ( up to 4 ) gets you a Free 3-day Weekend Pass, admission to the Friday night DJ party, plus lots of other great rewards for bringing more than one!

http://www.southernfriedgameroomexpo.com/index.php/bring-your-games/

Thanks for your help!

HECK_AMH.jpgHECK_AMH.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Is the PAPA tournament going to be streamed? Be a nice way to see some gameplay on a machine a lot of people haven't touched yet.

#3 9 years ago

Yes! We will be streaming probably the late qualifying on Saturday night and the finals on Sunday.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Pro's approach this game in competition.
    They always seem to figure out how to dissect a pin to wring every last point from every shot.

#4 9 years ago

Can't wait for SFGE! It's funny that I'll get to play AMH before I ever get to see a WoZ in person.

I can't bring a game this year, but I'd be willing to buy a ticket to the night parties if you will sell them separate. Alternatively, can I pay to be a VIP?

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I can't bring a game this year, but I'd be willing to buy a ticket to the night parties if you will sell them separate. Alternatively, can I pay to be a VIP?

Glad you're coming back to the show! Let me check on that for you.

3 months later
    #6 8 years ago

Ditto that

Quoted from Wolfmarsh: I can't bring a game this year, but I'd be willing to buy a ticket to the night parties if you will sell them separate. Alternatively, can I pay to be a VIP?

I second that! Can't bring games but would pay a premium to upgrade to VIP...

#7 8 years ago

Tournament tips....it was BRUTAL at TPF....

DON'T SHOOT THE FREAKING DOOR. DO NOT START DOCTOR GHOST UNLESS YOU HAVE NO CHOICE.
    DON'T SHOOT THE MYSTERY SCOOP ON PURPOSE.

DO:

Shoot the left orbit as many times as possible to start the War Fort Multiball. It's a pretty easy shot, repeatable, and if the mystery scoop kickout is not completely bonkers, easy to recover the ball.

Make sure the elevator is up before you shoot the right ramp, or you're just wasting an easy lock shot.

Stay the hell off the slingshots. They are totally ridiculously strong.

Go for the short plunge skill shot to the elevator if the feed from the pops is crap and it's going STDM a lot. Skillshotting the pops or the lanes will feed out to the middle a lot of times in my experience.

Try and finish the modes if you have one lit...they're worth a ton of points.

Shoot the 3-target bank on the sides, not right in the middle, unless you like losing your ball. IMO shoot it as far on the left side as you can. Right side grazes can go up the center lane by the pops and then...yeap...you guessed it, STDM half the time.

Pray that you get a very high value mystery award that's 5 million points or higher...it might win you the tournament.

Slap nudge the right side of the machine when the ball comes out of the pops, push it off the ball guide to keep it from going STDM, if the tilt allows. It would not at TPF.

Be aware that the tilt warnings may be VERY difficult to hear in tournament situation. They're not ear-piercers like some games.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sfge-welcomes-ben-heck-amh-in-papa-tourney and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.