(Topic ID: 172830)

SF2: Trying to understand potential issues.

By Onevox

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Onevox
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gtb-sys-transformer-plug (resized).jpg
IMG_5844 (resized).JPG
gs3pow2 (resized).jpg
20160719191920034 (resized).jpg
20150925214001229 (resized).jpg
20150213163155728 (resized).jpg
20150925215705926 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).JPG
4 (resized).JPG
7 (resized).JPG
2 (resized).JPG
1 (resized).JPG
3 (resized).JPG
6 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Onevox.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

See pics. If someone can take pics of normal, I would greatly appreciate it. (Trying to get items to match order of pics)

1. The power switch block has an inline fuse replacement. Not sure if this is an issue but would like to replace.
2. Should the ball stop in the ramp have a protector on it?
3. The posts under the apron don't look quite right to me.
4. What are the rubber pads called that protect the ball where it drops? Would like to replace.
5. The large cap (I think its a cap) looks odd to me. two wires on one post and a loose bent wire to the right?
6. Should there be a rubber protector on the post on the right of the upper playfield? Should the screw heads on the plastic chute stick up like that? And odd piece of grippy plastic on the left?
7. the F3 fuse holder at the transformer looks like it was replaced. its loose and seems precarious.

Thanks for any info or pics.

5 (resized).JPG5 (resized).JPG
4 (resized).JPG4 (resized).JPG
7 (resized).JPG7 (resized).JPG
2 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPG
1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG
3 (resized).JPG3 (resized).JPG
6 (resized).JPG6 (resized).JPG

#3 7 years ago

I've been reading Clay Harrell's website over and over, I noticed this: "A12 Transformer Panel. Power is supplied from the transformer panel in the lower cabinet. The wall voltage is selected using Gottlieb-supplied jumper plugs. The jumper plug for 120 volts is ORANGE. This is the plug that should be installed in all North American games. If a 110 volt RED jumper plug is installed, replace it with the orange 120 volt plug."

First, assuming that's A12J5 and P5 ... Mine are yellow and blue. The jumpers appear to be the same as the image above. Maybe this was just a previous hack but wondered. (ignore fuses...waiting to get elusive 3/8 amp fuses, and a new fuse holder for F3)

IMG_5844 (resized).JPGIMG_5844 (resized).JPG

#5 7 years ago

Reading pinrepair and pin wiki in detail... so is a 110 jumper ok if my outlets test 124?

http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=File:GottliebSystem3PowerSelectionJumpers.jpg

And this, this molex is dangling near power module like this image from pinwiki. I figure it's for the interlock, which I don't have. The wires are 200 and 522.

http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=File:GTB_Sys3_main_fuse.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Onevox.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sf2-trying-to-understand-potential-issues?tu=Onevox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.