• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by bimm25i
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0315181753 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JediJD.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Fortunately, I've had the time, the inclination, the repair manual and lots of video and web-instruction as I have meticulously gone through this #Street Fighter II (that I thought was just a dead DMD...little did I know). I've taken about twenty problems down to four or five. Of those, for most I have a pretty good idea where I'm going...but there is one that I would really appreciate some institutional knowledge.

Lower left kick bumper (also referred to as a slingshot bumper) is inop. The previous coil was new (and fried) so I replaced it, put in a new fuse, lowered the top so I could watch, flipped the machine on, started a game and watched the fuse promptly melt into a slag heap (couple of seconds). Took a DMM and found about 70v at the positive side of the fuse holder. It isn't the driver board (replaced the driver board for convenience due to other issues). Since the coil doesn't really have an EOS trigger, is there something other than a MOSFET that could be holding it open? I have tried to match it with the right side and I simply don't see where I'm screwed up. I've chased Google leads without any real luck, and any input would be appreciated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JediJD.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sf2-slingshot-bumper-kick-bumper-melting-coils?tu=JediJD and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.