13 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by Letter_K
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 13 years ago

Pinballmachine.org will now take you to San Francisco via Portland.

The Bay Area Pinball map I created had a great run. We had over 120 locations, 400 machines and the map reached nearly 55,000 hits since its inception in March. It was a real eye-opener. I had no idea there were so many places to play.

The data has now been added to the Portland Pinball Map site, which has an awesome interface, allows anyone to update locations, a Droid app (pinball map on the go), and more easily supports pictures and entering of high scores.

The address is still the same: http://pinballmachine.org - OR - you can get there by going to the main Portland page: http://pinballmap.com and click on the "Other Regions" link.

Big thanks to Ryan Gratzer (ROM) and the rest of the Portland Map team for the work to make the conversion.

Big thanks to all the contributors who made the original map a success. There were 18 "official" map editors keeping locations updated but I received updates from at least twice that number. Thanks everyone!

phishrace
    Jank
    Evad
    MuralDan
    neil shatz
    itsmark
    radius11
    Smiley
    joseph2005
    pfef
    Mike
    matt
    Nina G
    Krellan
    mkhollenbeck
    joshpfeffer
    tjbeyer

#2 13 years ago

While I'm nowhere near to take advantage of your and others efforts it's great you are doing this. Kudos to all those involved in the project.

#3 13 years ago

When I created the map, I honestly thought there were maybe 20 or 30 places to play and I was pleasantly surprised to find out I was wrong - there's probably around 150 or more. So, even if you live in an area where it seems like there aren't many pins, I would say go ahead and make a map. You might be surprised.

I made a short tutorial series on how to create a map. It takes around 5 minutes to become an expert.

Here's the first video:

#4 13 years ago

This is good stuff. I'm in the Valley and it would be neat to have something similar

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sf-pinball-map-joins-portland-pinball-map and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.