(Topic ID: 151416)

DE:ST25-Sexy Girl Lost Her Hair - Crazy glue?

By Rferullo

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by terryb
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

45055_thumb_(resized).jpg
DSCN3571_(resized).JPG
DSCN3565_(resized).JPG
girl_(resized).jpg
#1 8 years ago

I picked up this DE ST25 and part of this plastic was broken off. I found it in the bottom of the cabinet. Any suggestions on the best way to fix it? I was thinking crazy glue?

girl_(resized).jpggirl_(resized).jpg

#2 8 years ago

You might want to change the post title:

"Sexy Girl Lost Her Hair - Crazy glue?"

There's a game called Sexy Girl that is NOT like DE Star Trek

faz

#3 8 years ago

and that's why I don't post to pinside. thanks for the advice faz

#4 8 years ago

Just a tiny amount of ambroid pro weld, apply with a toothpick being careful not to get it on the artwork then make a protector out of PETG to go under it.

#5 8 years ago

Use the ambroid as tracelifter suggested, much better than crazy glue. If you apply too much do not wipe it off, it will craze the plastic. Use the corner of a paper towel to wick it away.

#6 8 years ago

Thanks - I ordered some Bondic. I heard that stuff is amazing for this type of repair.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

Thanks - I ordered some Bondic. I heard that stuff is amazing for this type of repair.

Bondic works well temporarily but is not that durable over the long hall. I keep fixing a ramp with it and the ramp keeps splitting again after a few months. It will also not cure completely clear. I don't know about ambroid, but it may be a better choice.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

I don't post to pinside.

Nobody else here does either.

#9 8 years ago

I had a broken plastic a couple of months ago and put it back together with some super glue I got from the model airplane shop. I used the thin bodied, 1-3 second setting glue. I can see where the plastic was/is cracked but the repair is clean. It worked for me, anyway.

#10 8 years ago

I have used Loctite Super Glue Ultragel Control for both plastics and hard rubbery type plastics with very good results. You only need a couple of drops strategically placed and the setup time is fairly fast.

Gord

DSCN3565_(resized).JPGDSCN3565_(resized).JPG
DSCN3571_(resized).JPGDSCN3571_(resized).JPG

#11 8 years ago

Ambroid is the proper stuff to use on pinball plastics and ramps but WTF do I know I don't have any experience in restoring pinball games.

#14 8 years ago

That's the same as bondic. I wouldn't use it for the reasons I said before.

#15 8 years ago

A strategically placed piece of Mylar on the back of the fix helps it from not falling off again should it rebreak. Or a PTEG washer underneath.

(And her name is Yeoman Janice Rand, and no I didn't have to Google it ).

#16 8 years ago

I get it that everyone loves super glue, but neither it nor bondic have the bond strength of ambroid or weld-on (a similar product). The latter two are solvent based and actually "weld" the joint rather than just glue it. This is what the pros use when working with plastic since the bond is often stronger than the plastic itself.

Here's some additional info on the weld-on product (ambroid would perform the same).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-solvent-to-repair-pinball-ramps-and-plasticsend-of-story

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
PinSound

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sexy-girl-lost-her-hair-crazy-glue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.