Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by krankin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Did anyone get the sale prices at yesterday's arcade auction? I wasn't able to stay and am curious .

#2 4 years ago

Bump. Wanted to go to this one. Curious what games were bringing.

#3 4 years ago

Bump.

#6 4 years ago

can someone just post the results here please.

#7 4 years ago

TZ brought $5500, wouldn't boot a game, was having some sort of board issues (said check F1 fuse and a couple others if I remember correctly).

Creature brought $5150, ramps were busted and needed serious shop job but had nice cabinet (also had board issues). I left after that one because I wasn't interested in the others.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from jake35:

TZ brought $5500, wouldn't boot a game, was having some sort of board issues (said check F1 fuse and a couple others if I remember correctly).
    Creature brought $5150, ramps were busted and needed serious shop job but had nice cabinet (also had board issues). I left after that one because I wasn't interested in the others.

I do not understand the auction thing, I very rarely see a deal and most are overpriced junk.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from jake35:

Wow. .

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from jake35:

Yeah I was curious what those machines would go for as they are desirable titles. There was a near perfect Twilight Zone a few years ago that went for something around 6k. I played Creature from the Black Lagoon early that morning, seemed to be in working order at that point, but it certainly had its rough spots.

Quoted from woody76:

I do not understand the auction thing, I very rarely see a deal and most are overpriced junk.

Especially if you have to factor in taxes and buyer's premium. I've been going to this auction consistently for a few years and I've seen a few deals but they are few and far between.

#11 4 years ago

Does anybody have complete results?

#12 4 years ago

I watched the video. I used to go to the Tennessee and north Carolina auctions all the time. It's a 10 1/2 hour drive and dont go as often as I used to. A couple games stuck out for me, road show at 2350 and walking dead pro for 3800. Couldnt get a good look at the playfields to see if they were deals. Afmr at 5k looked like a deal also.
    My experience at actions the last 5 years...if its shopped and clean it brings top dollar, better then pinside prices if it's a desired title. If its untouched with issues, big or small, it can be got for a fair price.
    Examples would be the pool sharks that looked shopped and ready to go at 1400.
    Then you had judge dredd and road show in the low 2's

There is a lot of bad info on the buyer premiums. As a vendor with a tax ID and registered company, I pay hammer price. If I bid 4300 I pay 4300. If I sell I pay 10% but its capped at $100. There are also entry and buy back fees. If the charged any more no one would bring games.
    Some auction companies charge 10 to 20% on both ends. They get guys once. Who wants to pay 300 to 600 bucks on a game you sold for 3k. Plus the buyer pays the same on top.

#13 4 years ago

2 Munsters Pro for $4600 and $4,650 IJ Stern $4,400 T2 $2,100

3 months later
    #14 4 years ago

Anyone go today? Any deals?

#15 4 years ago

Can anybody report from yesterday?

#16 4 years ago

Not until the flips are done!

#17 4 years ago

Bump

#18 4 years ago

Guess I'm going to have to start sticking around till the end of the auction if I want to know these things..

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sevierville-auction-prices and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.