You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

31JEW9Y1L6L._SS500_.jpg
MataHari_BA_girl3.jpg
Pinball_Teardown_3_005_(Medium).JPG
Pinball_Teardown_3_008_(Medium).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Richthofen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

So I am continuing to make small progress, cleaning my pin and repairing what I can. However, I think its starting to sink in that maybe I'm over my head and maybe I should have spent less money. I pretty much cannot do touchup and playfield repair (clear coating, painting, etc) because of my apartment and because I don't have the chops for it. So I decided to do a thorough clean and replace all lighting with LEDs, and repair parts. But the more I realize I can't get this crazy dirt scratch/ball swirl out of the playfield, it makes me question whether I should have bothered spending so much money on LEDs... I was going to replace a slightly cracked and hot-glued ramp for $70 as well, but after scrubbing for hours and not really getting the results I want, maybe I should just keep it the way it is, re-assemble, and accept that maybe this is a beater and I shouldn't put too much time/heart into it. It doesn't help that I feel a little outclassed by the work.(I've never even waxed a car, never mind a pinball playfield)

So I'm unsure what to do. Should I spend another $100-$200 on a machine that, in an ideal world, would need a new playfield? I don't think I could do a playfield swap even if there were NOS playfields out there, which there aren't. Will it be good enough to finish cleaning, accept the swirl marks, wax over the playfield, and just bite the bullet on the extra expenses?

Pinball_Teardown_3_008_(Medium).JPGPinball_Teardown_3_008_(Medium).JPG Pinball_Teardown_3_005_(Medium).JPGPinball_Teardown_3_005_(Medium).JPG

#10 11 years ago

Definitely played it briefly. Was too dirty and unlit to enjoy. I know I am being a bit melodramatic but sharing my frustrations helps a lot. This community is really filled with great people and I'm very thankful for it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 1.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Richthofen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/severe-ball-swirl-disheartening?tu=Richthofen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.