(Topic ID: 65265)

SEVEN DAYS TO GO and York Show (White Rose Gameroom Show) will finally be here!

By too-many-pins

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 115 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jrrdw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PA120070.JPG
    IMG_20131012_175744_086.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrrdw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 10 years ago

I'll be there Friday...

#64 10 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

I never did get a chance to play that WWF. It was a BUSY game! Very nice!

Where was it because the only wrestling themed pin that I seen was the royal rumble back by the event table and it had a note on it saying "do not turn on".

#75 10 years ago

There needs to be a Pinside booth at next years show. It was nice to meet Pin-it and his brother and nephew at the show.

#82 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jeremecium:

I went to York and all I got was this lousy free pinball machine. What!?

Congrats!

#85 10 years ago

They only wanted 7k for a brand new WOZ! Hell, buy the WOZ and a used truck to haul it...

#88 10 years ago
    Quoted from dmklunk:

Who's gonna stop him I guess, right..?

That's right. He will probably get lucky one of these days and come across somebody that will buy it for that...I've seen stranger things happen.

#93 10 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

What you guys forget or don't know is that if you take a game to show and put a not for sale tag on it, you will get continuous questions about how much is it or what would it take for you to part with it. If you put the "if you want it this bad that you will pay a lot of money" price on it, you don't get any questions about the price.

That sounds like shooting yourself in the foot. Why would someone pay for a spot to sell a pinball machine then mark up the price so high as to avoid iquiries for it's sale? That's spending 100+ to avoid selling what you want to sell...

#100 10 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

There is no charge for bringing a game in. The deal is that you get into the show for free for bringing a game. I don't think any show charges you to bring a game in and set it on free play. A lot of people bring games just to let other people see and enjoy them. I know the seller of that TAF and he has brought other far more valuable games in the past and also set them on free play. Not everyone is trying to make a sale at the shows.

Yes I understand that but we are referring to the 9K+ price tag...

Quoted from IntoPinball:

Pause at 7:31... My eagle eye caught jrrdw...

I'M FAMUS! Yup that's me bending over to slide my foot up on my foot rest, good eye.

Quoted from burningman:This could be a pretty cool set up, and although I don't know any of the promoters, it could work nicely. If we could get a solid head count on what games would be there, I would think it wouldn't be a big issue to the promoters to put us all together. In a corner or on one of the walls, or worse case, in the same area. All games set to free play and we could get a pinside banner to put up.

All we would be "selling" is the joy of pinball and the great resource Pinside is to the Pinball community.

Right you are, I like the way you think.

Quoted from rmarket:

Perhaps a booth for the Pinside group also?

That would be fantastic!

#106 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jeremecium:

I suppose all white guys with beards look the same to you. Thanks, I guess.

BAAAHAHAAHAHAA!!! That's the second funniest thing I read today, the 1st is in the joke thread about the blow up doll.

#112 10 years ago

I was told I didn't have to be there. I ask at the desk when I paid to get in...To be fair everyone that still has their ticket should get a consolation prize!

#115 10 years ago

Where I come from you don't sell tickets to a raffle then change the "rules" after taking my money! It is part of the admission fee. That's the way it was advertised to me. It's not fair to the people who weren't there when the tickets were pulled, myself included. I think my ticket was drawn and I was unfairly passed by because the raffle 'rules' were changed without me being fairly notified...

Does everyone reading this follow what I'm saying?

What's going to happen next year?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrrdw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/seven-days-to-go-and-york-show-white-rose-gameroom-show-will-finally-be-here?tu=jrrdw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.