(Topic ID: 65265)

SEVEN DAYS TO GO and York Show (White Rose Gameroom Show) will finally be here!

By too-many-pins

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 115 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jrrdw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PA120070.JPG
    IMG_20131012_175744_086.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmklunk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#84 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jeremecium:

I went to York and all I got was this lousy free pinball machine. What!?

And if you look to the left you will notice a (standard edition) TAF for $9500. If anyone is looking to buy an Addams Family for double what it's worth, have they got a machine for you!

#86 10 years ago
    Quoted from jrrdw:

They only wanted 7k for a brand new WOZ! Hell, buy the WOZ and a used truck to haul it...

That's what I don't understand -- this guy had the TAF for $9500, or you could walk 50 feet away and Phil Maxwell had two of them (one for $4900 in nice shape and one for $5100 with some mods)! I don't know why he felt that he could get $9500 for it, but hey... Who's gonna stop him I guess, right..?

#87 10 years ago

Also, on the way home, I passed a used car dealership that had a 90's Camaro for $4595 and it occurred to me that I could buy two of those Camaro's and it would equal the price of that TAF..

#90 10 years ago
    Quoted from jrrdw:

That's right. He will probably get lucky one of these days and come across somebody that will buy it for that...I've seen stranger things happen.

Yeah, but I mean... I'd like to sell my Funhouse for $10,000. There's probably somebody out there who would do it eventually. But how long do I have to wait for that? You know?

#92 10 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

What you guys forget or don't know is that if you take a game to show and put a not for sale tag on it, you will get continuous questions about how much is it or what would it take for you to part with it. If you put the "if you want it this bad that you will pay a lot of money" price on it, you don't get any questions about the price.

Actually, that's a really good point. I guess that explains it. I have people in general that contact me and ask if any of my other pins are for sale and, trying not to sound like an idiot, I usually wind up saying, "Yeah... for the right price..."

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmklunk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/seven-days-to-go-and-york-show-white-rose-gameroom-show-will-finally-be-here?tu=dmklunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.