(Topic ID: 65265)

SEVEN DAYS TO GO and York Show (White Rose Gameroom Show) will finally be here!

By too-many-pins

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 115 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by jrrdw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

PA120070.JPG
    IMG_20131012_175744_086.jpg

There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 7 years ago

This looks promising... Nice craft brew selection.

http://www.vitospizzaandbeer.com/beers

Located in Randolph Park Shopping Center
    1734 South Queen Street
    York, Pennsylvania 17403

#52 7 years ago

http://www.vitospizzaandbeer.com/beers
    Are there any pins at this place?

#53 7 years ago

Unfortunately no pins at Vitos but definitely good food. There really isn't anywhere around York to play pins at, but definitely a lot of good places to eat at. I use to play an AF at Vitos all the time a few years back and had a blast there. Hope you guys enjoy the show.

#54 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

I'm bringing a pound of Roast Beef, loaf of bread, mustard, chips and beer.

Stop by for a sandwich around 1pm!!

make it 2 pounds, and grab some munster cheese

#55 7 years ago

I'm going too, but looks like rain.

#56 7 years ago

Rain or not I will be there tomorrow! Really excited to spend all Friday and Sat day playing pinball especially to get a chance to play the newer machines (ie. WOZ and Star Trek). Still bringing my WWFRR for the free play area. Any pinsiders feel free to send me a text if you would like to meet as my number and pinside name will be on my machine. Not really looking to sell WWFRR but will consider trades and CRAZY money offers

#57 7 years ago

Will rain wipe out flea market?

#58 7 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

Will rain Wipe Out flea market?

Good question...

#59 7 years ago

holy crap feels like christmas eve and im 8 again.

#60 7 years ago

Just checked into hotel in town

#61 7 years ago

Jester that's a Crazy nice WWF.

I am wearing the Jaws (quint) shirt if you see me say hello

Mike

#62 7 years ago

At Vito's for lunch drinking some flower power IPA

A good spot thanks for suggesting

#63 7 years ago

I never did get a chance to play that WWF. It was a BUSY game! Very nice!

#64 7 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

Where was it because the only wrestling themed pin that I seen was the royal rumble back by the event table and it had a note on it saying "do not turn on".

#65 7 years ago

So how was the show guys?!

After waking up with a killer migraine, and meeting a pinsider at my house to haul a newly acquired F-14 down to my basement in the pouring down rain before he headed up to York - I had little energy left but to crawl into bed and sleep the afternoon away.

I hope lots of Pinsiders got to meet one another, anyone have photos to post??

Hated to miss the event,

-Nate

#66 7 years ago

It was fun didn't meet any pinsiders . The show was good but missing more A and B titles

#67 7 years ago

Just got home an hour ago and I thought the show was great, despite bad weather in the area Friday, still had a good turnout of people and games. Cud o's to the collectors and operators who brought their machines in that rainy mess (9 inches of rain total Friday and Saturday). There was some great games to play, and some real turds as well. I'll be honest even though I did not bring one this year, there were a lot of deplorable playing games with ridiculous prices on them, but some good deals as well. Some played great and were well taken care of, a lot played like absolute crap. To each his or her own, not trying to criticize, was just frustrating playing machines that flippers were either weak, broken, misaligned, or one not working. Other machines were amazing. The Getaway, STTNG, WWFRR, T2, Scared Stiff white wood, Adams, TZ, METpro, Riverboat gambler, and a few others were excellent examples of how a machine should play on the floor. Also, a shout out to the nostalgic collectors who brought their EMs and Bingo machines. Always neat to see those historical machines that paved the way for today's machines.

A big thank You to Pinball Plus for supplying 3 WOZ machines for everyone to play. What a great machine. Everything about that game is top notch quality and fun. Really enjoyed about 10 games on those. Awesome game!

Biggest thanks to Cointaker, not only are they great vendors at all of these shows, they also supplied the show with a Metallica Pro and Star Trek Pro. Star Trek is an absolutely sick game. Wow is it fast. The line for it was long both days, I got about 10 games on it and I was sold on it. What a beautifully executed game by the master, even early on. I will without a doubt own one in the next year or so, that's how much fun I thought it was.

Overall the new promoters did a great job with the show this year despite the obstacles with weather! Always enjoy York!

#68 7 years ago

To me this was the best York of the 4 I have been to so far. Free Play Area was packed yesterday with machines and I only saw a hand full that were something not nice enough for most home arcades (beaters). I was concerned with all the rain more people wouldn't bring out their better machines but for a smaller show there were plenty of decent titles and nice machines.

If you go to any show expecting to find 90% "A&B" list titles it isn't going to happen. But if you realize most shows will have a mix of machines from pre-flipper & bingo all the way up to the latest machines that is being realistic.

Three Wizard of Oz, about 40 "A & B" list titles and over 160 machines in the free play area - what more could you ask for. I felt very sorry for the Flea Market dealers yesterday but weather was good today so I am sure most did just fine overall. It would always be nice to see MM, MB, CC, TOM, SS, AFM, etc at shows but how many people are willing to drag their $10,000 machines to a show for people to beat on them?

In my eyes there were a nice mix of machines, no really long lines, a decent crowd, and everyone seemed very happy including the promoters - what more could we ask for other than nice weather both days!

#69 7 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

HERG Thanks so much for giving me a heads on the bulb that had fallen into the slingshot! Wish I had a chance to meet you! I met many pinsiders and made some great new friends!

#70 7 years ago
    Quoted from islandpinball:

Jester that's a Crazy nice WWF.
    I am wearing the Jaws (quint) shirt if you see me say hello
    Mike

Thanks Mike! Sorry I did not see your post till now hopefully I can meet you next year!

#71 7 years ago

This show keeps getting better every year...3 WOZ, 2 Metallicas, New Star Trek,STTNG, POTC, BF, and a bunch of others. I picked up a ton of parts inside & out. Also the gang at Cointaker were Great as always! Picked up some bulbs & a shaker motor from them...

#72 7 years ago
    Quoted from jrrdw:

Where was it because the only wrestling themed pin that I seen was the Royal Rumble back by the event table and it had a note on it saying "do not turn on".

Yeah this morning the WWFRR had a spotlight lamp fell of and got stuck in the ball hopper. I did not get there until after 11 but was able to get it out and fixed pretty quick. I was glad that was the only real issue it had all weekend.

#73 7 years ago

First time at York show for me. Had a great time there on Friday and will definitely be back next year. Highlight for me were the EMs. Some real classics and many that I had never seen in person before. Some of my favorites were Egg Head, World Fair, Hang Glider, Triple Strike, and a just beautiful Gottlieb Hit The Deck. Thanks to everyone involved.

#74 7 years ago

Been there 12 years straight ... and have never been disappointed. Good time, great people to hang with, good selection this year with a couple I kept coming back to. Got to play WOZ, Metallica and Star Trek. Got to have house-balls on every tournament game! Lol! Great time all around! Thanks for the hard work you all go through in order to put on the show!
    (PS: Thanks to the WWF guy for letting me finish my game. Yeah...yeah.....ooooh, yeeeaaahhh!!)
    Chris Bucci

IMG_20131012_175744_086.jpg

#75 7 years ago

There needs to be a Pinside booth at next years show. It was nice to meet Pin-it and his brother and nephew at the show.

#76 7 years ago

I heard next year it is moving to a larger building at the fairgrounds and the flea will also be inside.

Needs more vendors - I like the parts guys like gene, James and Marco.

Mk

#77 7 years ago

Friday got rained out, so I feel like I missed something by not seeing the flea market on saturday
    I met a guy who took the time to point out all the differences on the whitewood scared stiff to me. Never asked if he is a pinsider?
    I wish there had been more vendors too. I'mused to Allentown, and was hoping to pick up a bunch of odds and ends but no one was there to take my money. First show I have been to where the only purchase I made was a show t-shirt

#78 7 years ago

I went to York and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

#79 7 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

I heard next year it is moving to a larger building at the fairgrounds and the flea will also be inside.
    Needs more vendors - I like the parts guys like gene, James and Marco.
    Mk

That would be nice. Yes, part of the attraction is that it's not as big as allentown, but I was hoping for more vendors. Without the flea market on Friday there weren't many parts to be found. Was hoping to get lots of parts and goodies.

#80 7 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

It was almost filled to capacity, so if the show grows at all, they will need a bigger building next year. Friday was filled to the maximum, Saturday there were a few gaps in the rows.

We had a great time, and met a lot of really nice people as usual. It nice to see strangers offering a helping hand or another set of eyes when your having trouble....

#81 7 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

I went to York and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

I went to York and all I got was this lousy free pinball machine. What!?
    PA120070.JPG

#82 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jeremecium:

Congrats!

#83 7 years ago
    Quoted from jrrdw:

There needs to be a Pinside booth at next years show. It was nice to meet Pin-it and his brother and nephew at the show.

Good times!

#84 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jeremecium:

And if you look to the left you will notice a (standard edition) TAF for $9500. If anyone is looking to buy an Addams Family for double what it's worth, have they got a machine for you!

#85 7 years ago

They only wanted 7k for a brand new WOZ! Hell, buy the WOZ and a used truck to haul it...

#86 7 years ago
    Quoted from jrrdw:

They only wanted 7k for a brand new WOZ! Hell, buy the WOZ and a used truck to haul it...

That's what I don't understand -- this guy had the TAF for $9500, or you could walk 50 feet away and Phil Maxwell had two of them (one for $4900 in nice shape and one for $5100 with some mods)! I don't know why he felt that he could get $9500 for it, but hey... Who's gonna stop him I guess, right..?

#87 7 years ago

Also, on the way home, I passed a used car dealership that had a 90's Camaro for $4595 and it occurred to me that I could buy two of those Camaro's and it would equal the price of that TAF..

#88 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmklunk:

Who's gonna stop him I guess, right..?

That's right. He will probably get lucky one of these days and come across somebody that will buy it for that...I've seen stranger things happen.

#89 7 years ago

"(PS: Thanks to the WWF guy for letting me finish my game. Yeah...yeah.....ooooh, yeeeaaahhh!!)
    Chris Bucci"

Chris-No problem letting you finish your game. It gave me an excuse to play Star Trek one more time with my Son before packing up the WWFRR...

#90 7 years ago
    Quoted from jrrdw:

That's right. He will probably get lucky one of these days and come across somebody that will buy it for that...I've seen stranger things happen.

Yeah, but I mean... I'd like to sell my Funhouse for $10,000. There's probably somebody out there who would do it eventually. But how long do I have to wait for that? You know?

#91 7 years ago

What you guys forget or don't know is that if you take a game to show and put a not for sale tag on it, you will get continuous questions about how much is it or what would it take for you to part with it. If you put the "if you want it this bad that you will pay a lot of money" price on it, you don't get any questions about the price.

#92 7 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

What you guys forget or don't know is that if you take a game to show and put a not for sale tag on it, you will get continuous questions about how much is it or what would it take for you to part with it. If you put the "if you want it this bad that you will pay a lot of money" price on it, you don't get any questions about the price.

Actually, that's a really good point. I guess that explains it. I have people in general that contact me and ask if any of my other pins are for sale and, trying not to sound like an idiot, I usually wind up saying, "Yeah... for the right price..."

#93 7 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

That sounds like shooting yourself in the foot. Why would someone pay for a spot to sell a pinball machine then mark up the price so high as to avoid iquiries for it's sale? That's spending 100+ to avoid selling what you want to sell...

#94 7 years ago

That Addams was damn nice. Not $9500 nice, but real nice. A big thank you to whoever brought it.

Also like the people who bitch about the condition of the games or lack of A Games, but never bring a game. Until you do, you won't know what a pain in the ass it is.

I always bring games for people to enjoy. Brought my nice Tri Zone and Flip a Card this year. Great show as always.

#95 7 years ago

Here is some cool time lapse video of the show that they posted on their Facebook page..

#96 7 years ago
    Quoted from jrrdw:

That sounds like shooting yourself in the foot. Why would someone pay for a spot to sell a pinball machine then mark up the price so high as to avoid iquiries for it's sale? That's spending 100+ to avoid selling what you want to sell...

There is no charge for bringing a game in. The deal is that you get into the show for free for bringing a game. I don't think any show charges you to bring a game in and set it on free play. A lot of people bring games just to let other people see and enjoy them. I know the seller of that TAF and he has brought other far more valuable games in the past and also set them on free play. Not everyone is trying to make a sale at the shows.

#97 7 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Here is some cool time lapse video of the show that they posted on their Facebook page..
    » YouTube video

Pause at 7:31... My eagle eye caught jrrdw...

#98 7 years ago
    Quoted from jrrdw:

This could be a pretty cool set up, and although I don't know any of the promoters, it could work nicely. If we could get a solid head count on what games would be there, I would think it wouldn't be a big issue to the promoters to put us all together. In a corner or on one of the walls, or worse case, in the same area. All games set to free play and we could get a pinside banner to put up.

All we would be "selling" is the joy of pinball and the great resource Pinside is to the Pinball community.

#99 7 years ago
    Quoted from burningman:

This could be a pretty cool set up, and although I don't know any of the promoters, it could work nicely. If we could get a solid head count on what games would be there, I would think it wouldn't be a big issue to the promoters to put us all together. In a corner or on one of the walls, or worse case, in the same area. All games set to free play and we could get a pinside banner to put up.
    All we would be "selling" is the joy of pinball and the great resource Pinside is to the Pinball community.

I can say that the promoters would be more than happy to assist! If you noticed the local pinball club (Central PA Pinball Club) was at the show right next to the Check in booth. Perhaps a booth for the Pinside group also?

#100 7 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

There is no charge for bringing a game in. The deal is that you get into the show for free for bringing a game. I don't think any show charges you to bring a game in and set it on free play. A lot of people bring games just to let other people see and enjoy them. I know the seller of that TAF and he has brought other far more valuable games in the past and also set them on free play. Not everyone is trying to make a sale at the shows.

Yes I understand that but we are referring to the 9K+ price tag...

Quoted from IntoPinball:

Pause at 7:31... My eagle eye caught jrrdw...

I'M FAMUS! Yup that's me bending over to slide my foot up on my foot rest, good eye.

Quoted from burningman:This could be a pretty cool set up, and although I don't know any of the promoters, it could work nicely. If we could get a solid head count on what games would be there, I would think it wouldn't be a big issue to the promoters to put us all together. In a corner or on one of the walls, or worse case, in the same area. All games set to free play and we could get a pinside banner to put up.

Right you are, I like the way you think.

Quoted from rmarket:

Perhaps a booth for the Pinside group also?

That would be fantastic!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5.00
    Hardware
    Professor Pinball
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 225.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Project Pinball Charity
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    Electronics
    TheDudeMods
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    YouBentMyWookie
    $ 8.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    Lighting - Interactive
    TheDudeMods
    Playfield - Protection
    Beehive Pinball Co.
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Protection
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 45.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 199.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 29.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Protection
    SilverBall Designs
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 28.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside