(Topic ID: 311133)

Settings that don't stick, then vanish. (How ? Why?)

By Heretic_9

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Heretic_9
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

I'm at a loss to understand this. Looking back, my Wm.s IJ had 3 levels of Replay set for a long time: L1 @ 250M, L2 @ 500M, L3 @ 750M points. Then one day (not at all recently) and out of the blue, L2 & L3 settings just "went away." When I tried to reconfigure them the way they had been, the point amount numbering would not allow me to take the setting up anywhere near that high.

On another pin, JY, I'd had an L1 Replay @ 7.5M, L2 @ 15M, & L3 @ 22.5 M. Today, after a game, it just suddenly went to an incremental 13.5M, increasing from there according to any won games. Absolutely nothing had been touched on the game settings: in fact, the coin door has been taped shut for some time, due to an unrelated issue. And now I find that the pin cannot be set back the way that it was. L2 & L3 will now not accept any values above 4M points. I had to settle for the solitary L1 value, fixed. (And we'll see if that even sticks.) What is going on here ? How can this happen ? Can this be overridden ? Is there a way to go about fixing it ?

#2 2 years ago

Checked batteries?

#3 2 years ago

You have to set all the auto percentaging options in replay settings to off including replay boost.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Checked batteries?

Not recently, need to revisit this.
    btw, I always opt for lithium batteries: they last longer, and I've never seen one leak.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from slochar:

You have to set all the auto percentaging options in replay settings to off including replay boost.

Will look at that. Thanks.
    But this would not account for how the setting changes *on its own.*

#6 2 years ago

oh, and you might have to do a factory reset as well. Some of those auto percentaging things tend to still happen in the background if not (at least on some system 11 games)

2 months later
    #7 1 year ago

The exact same thing happened later with Junk Yard: L2, L3 & L4 Replay levels just disappeared, on their own. So, that mystery remains in common between the two games. I had my tech go over this, and he couldn't find any explanation. In the course of doing that, we swapped out the batteries on each game for new lithium ones, which based on testing had been overdue. Still no joy on this. I thought we had covered all this in our going through the settings, but will circle back through the suggestions in posts # 3 & 6 above.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/settings-that-don-t-stick-then-vanish-how-why and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.