Settings menu

By Robertbucs

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Hello, what do you consider the best menu settings?

Thanks,

#3 1 year ago

Lol I think you're gonna need to be more specific. In what context? I see you've tagged Dirty Harry, so we're talking WPC. Do you mean for difficulty of play, convenience, operating on route?

#4 1 year ago

Great questions, all the above. Just curious to how others setup their menus, factory or something else.

Thank you,

#5 1 year ago

For home use, I turn on free play and go with the factory settings on difficulty.

#6 1 year ago

Free play is an obvious one, turn off the minimum volume override setting so you can mute your game if desired, and if your game is running LEDs it's a good idea to turn off the bulb dimming options as LEDs don't play nice with it. If you think your game's too easy turn up the difficulty.

#7 1 year ago

Default settings / free play / sometimes change replay to xtra ball (since i don’t need to win free games, and for the kids (And by kids i mean me)).

#8 1 year ago

All this info is great. I’m new in the hobby and thought I’d ask. Thank you all so much!

#9 1 year ago

I also set the high score automatic reset option to OFF, so that the high scores will be preserved.

#10 1 year ago

Keep the suggestions coming, they’re great!

#11 1 year ago

If you have regular incandescent lamps (not LEDs) I recommend setting (in Standard Adjustments) "Allow Dim Illumination" to Yes, "G.I. Power Saver" to 2 minutes and "Power Save Level" to 4 to keep power consumption down when idle and make the game run cooler.

As for LEDs - I do not like them, but the choice is yours!

#12 1 year ago

Thank you

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/settings-menu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.