(Topic ID: 148332)

Setting Up Tables At My Golf Course

By Dooskie

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dooskie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

We own a small public 9-hole golf course in mid-Maine. Our clientele is men and women, ranging in age from 5 to 85, typical golfers. We have a nice pro shop with a good variety of golf equipment, along with some basic food and beverage service, which includes beer and wine. Both of us love playing pinball, and we have a Trek 25th Anniversary machine that was just refurbished. We also have a No Good Gofers machine that is currently being shopped, which we picked up locally for $1,800. The table is in awesome shape, and just needs lights, rubbers and the video display worked on. So we'll have roughly $2,500 tied up in it by the time it's all said and done.

We have room for four or five pinball machines, so we are thinking about putting both of our current machines in the pro shop, and then adding two or three more, along with a Golden Tee arcade game, giving us five or six machines in all. We have a designated area that will be just for the machines, and can set it up so that it won't interfere with the retail sales in the pro shop. Keeping the games serviced won't be an issue. We're not looking to support the golf course from the machines. However, if we pull in some extra revenue, that's never a bad thing. We're mainly looking to have a place to set up our machines, give our customers something else to do and promote pinball a little bit.

So I've got a couple of questions:

1. We're going to have three games that have golf themes. Should we get two or three more tables with golf themes, maybe Tee'd Off and something else? Or should we throw in something with a different theme, like a Simpson's machine or something along those lines?

2. How important do you think it is to rotate games in and out? We're open about 9 months of the year, and folks will mainly be coming here to do golf-related things, although we're hoping that we might get some folks coming out for lunch and pinball. My current line of thinking is to only rotate machines when we either get tired of playing them, or if someone comes in an offers us a price that we just can't refuse, at which point we'd replace it with another machine.

3. How difficult is it to form a pinball league? And with having only four or five pinball tables, is that enough to form a small league?

Our pinball experience is just enjoying playing the games. I've owned several over the years, have never played in any leagues or anything like that. They are fun to play, and when we have friends over, the games are always going. This will be our first time having them available for public play.

Any comments, suggestions or advice is welcome. Thank you in advance!

2 months later
#5 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Are you going to need a permit to have them in your business?

You were correct on the permit. $15 for the year, no limit on the number of games. Thank you for the heads-up on this. I would not have thought I needed one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aurora, CO
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dooskie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/setting-up-tables-at-my-golf-course?tu=dooskie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.