(Topic ID: 127742)

Setting up a NIB game.

By aveamike

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Hello

I'm about to set up my first NIB game.
    And thing I should know or advice aside from the obvious?

Mike

#2 8 years ago

Wax coat to protect it and make it fast! And something other than the balls it comes with couldn't hurt.

#3 8 years ago

Wipe down the balls before loading them.

Don't lift the machine using the shooter rod.

Set it to free play.

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Wipe down the balls before loading them.

If it's a Stern, don't use the balls that came with the game.

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

If it's a Stern, don't use the balls that came with the game.

Yeah, I like to keep the original goodie bag and everything else intact. Leave the original balls alone.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from Darkwing:

Yeah, I like to keep the original goodie bag and everything else intact. Leave the original balls alone.

Sterns balls are not usually in the goodie bag, they are in the coin box.

I don't use them because they are pretty crappy quality. I use the Oh Shiny's from PBL.

#7 8 years ago

I look over inside the game, cabinet and back box. Anything loose, connectors or assemblies ?

Then I clean and wax the easy to get to areas.

Then set in place and level and set the pitch of the game. Install the plumb bob tilt and center it and set it where I want it.

Clean the balls and install them.

Power up and let 'er rip ! Make any game adjustments you want.

Then invite all of Pinside over to party.

LTG : )™

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Then invite all of Pinside over to party.

Expenses paid??

#9 8 years ago

So if you read the manual it says to install the playfield bubble between the marks, but when I do that and use my tilt meter it is not at the recommended 6.5 degrees? What do you guys do, set the incline between the marks or use your own?

#10 8 years ago

Stern has great instructional videos on how to remove from box to setting up your machine.
    Definitely worth watching in my opinion. Congratulations on your NIB Pin

#11 8 years ago

This one.

Remove the bubble level if you are bothered by it.

#12 8 years ago

I think the most important thing is to put your hands on every single piece of a brand new game. Check ever screw and bolt on the playfield. Make sure everything is ready to get smacked around by a steel ball.

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

What do you guys do, set the incline between the marks or use your own?

I use a digital level.

#14 8 years ago

I set up with out a problem. The new lock bar system took some time to get used to.
    I was impressed with how well the snake shot worked out of the box. It seams to be very finicky on location play.

The stern recommended level position makes the game really floaty so I cranked it up on the back legs.

Thanks for the help.

M

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

So if you read the manual it says to install the playfield bubble between the marks, but when I do that and use my tilt meter it is not at the recommended 6.5 degrees? What do you guys do, set the incline between the marks or use your own?

I use my cell phone. Download the Clinometer app. 6.5 degree between the flippers and zero left to right further up on the playfield.

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Sterns balls are not usually in the goodie bag, they are in the coin box.
    I don't use them because they are pretty crappy quality. I use the Oh Shiny's from PBL.

What is the deal with the balls that ship with an NIB Stern?

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from aveamike:

Hello
    I'm about to set up my first NIB game.
    And thing I should know or advice aside from the obvious?
    Mike

DO NOT CUT OPEN THE BOX UNTIL IT IS AT ITS FINAL RESTING PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/setting-up-a-nib-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.